william_kent

TELL ME U MADE A FAKE SUDANESE SYNTH RECORD WITHOUT TELLING ME U MADE A FAKE SUDANESE SYNTH RECORD

I couldn't - that would be cultural appropriation, orientalism, or something else that would be equally bad ( probably just because I'd make a poorly produced boring record )

ok there are some pictures here:

aint no way the sounds on that album are coming out of that yamaha, tho.

also can't confirm whether DarGoog, Sudan is a real place which actually exists on planet earth.

oh, it does seem to be real - I saw that first clip a year or so ago....

if I had a hat I'd eat it...

Mr. Naga Pickle

I couldn't - that would be cultural appropriation, orientalism, or something else that would be equally bad ( probably just because I'd make a poorly produced boring record )
i was riffing on this quote from ostinato's bandcamp:
"To produce this album, the Ostinato team pioneered a new approach: a hybrid reissue-contemporary album. Jantra had made a few cassette and digital recordings in his early days. We used excerpts from those and followed him to his legendary parties on the outskirts of the outskirts of the capital. Using a special technique devised by Ostinato producer Janto Koité, we extracted the individual melodic patterns, rhythms, as well as the MIDI data, and combined them with older recordings to recreate his lengthy sessions into individual dance tracks for a worldwide audience to reach the enviable frenzy of Sudanese crowds. This promising new dance music emerging from the deepest reaches of Sudan has never made its way outside of Jantra’s parties, let alone outside of the country, and never been professionally recorded."

i would never dream of accusing you of releasing a fake sudanese synthesizer record :)

william_kent

ياسمين بت كوستي _قصب سنار الشالو باللوري _ العاذف مدثر - Jasmine Bet Kosti _ Cane Sennar Shawl with Laurie _ Al-Athef Muddathir

looks like the big hall in Tandalty to me

love the audience participation that occurs around 1:10

william_kent

المريود و شباب تندلتي و الهجيج تقيل - Al-Maryoud, the youth of Tendalti, and the hajeej are heavy​

"heavy" - I can't argue

pisses all over "Jantra", sorry, had to say it

edit: I'm not a fan of "shorts" and neither is dissensus because I can't embed this:

which features the return of the Yassin's child who owns a camel and some nice shirts and he may be the best dancer in Tandalty, but he's been absent for the last few months and maybe he's been earning money abroad, or maybe he's done some hard time, but let's just say it's the former, and it's good to see him back in the circle even though he looks a bit wired, and he's fixed grinning to a casio "pan pipe" preset version of the Tandalty big tune, and he looks like he has been jabbed with a botox loaded syringe over a thousand times, but I'm just glad he is still alive

what I do like about these youtube "shorts" is that they auto loop until infinity

edit: what I learnt this week - Ron Hubbard spelt infinity as "8"

william_kent

جديد احمد قمر @ نيجيري @الاخدر البتحرن @2023 تسجيلات ود حمردي - New Ahmed Qamar @ Nigerian @ Al-Akhadr Al-Bahran @ 2023 Wad Hamardi Recordings​

i'd prefer to post a video of the "Cane of Sennar" rocking a Tandalty party, but instead here's seven minutes of pure audio bliss accompanied by a cheesy thumbnail of Ahmed - features his impassioned vocals over an intense tandalty style clack clack beat with interjections from a rinky dink casio tone which has been customised by "legendary keyboard mechanics" from the local market who have unlocked the hidden "cosmic" presets

Mr. Naga Pickle

جديد احمد قمر @ نيجيري @الاخدر البتحرن @2023 تسجيلات ود حمردي - New Ahmed Qamar @ Nigerian @ Al-Akhadr Al-Bahran @ 2023 Wad Hamardi Recordings​

i'd prefer to post a video of the "Cane of Sennar" rocking a Tandalty party, but instead here's seven minutes of pure audio bliss accompanied by a cheesy thumbnail of Ahmed - features his impassioned vocals over an intense tandalty style clack clack beat with interjections from a rinky dink casio tone which has been customised by "legendary keyboard mechanics" from the local market who have unlocked the hidden "cosmic" presets

oh hell yeah the tandalty boys are on facebook now. can someone who speaks arabic please message them?

also, i like this song:

william_kent

cross posting! ( not quite, because I didn't post this to the cheese thread, but, whatever )

THE CHEESE

Artist Magda Abu Kaduk || Cheese || NEW 2023 || #The_brown_deer_and Hassan

الفنانة ماجدة ابو كدوك || الجبنة || NEW 2023 ||​

#الغزال_الاسمر_ودحسان

another banger from the daughter of Tandalty

edit: around 4:23+ features full on cosmic caped wizard keyboard magick albeit in a rinky dink casio tone style

edit: given contemporary events in Sudan, relieved to know she may still be alive, I hope the Tandalty lads are still in one piece, I've been searching for recent tandalty parties and keep coming up blank, worried tbh

Mr. Naga Pickle

cross posting! ( not quite, because I didn't post this to the cheese thread, but, whatever )

THE CHEESE

#الغزال_الاسمر_ودحسان

edit: around 4:23+ features full on cosmic caped wizard keyboard magick albeit in a rinky dink casio tone style

edit: given contemporary events in Sudan, relieved to know she may still be alive, I hope the Tandalty lads are still in one piece, I've been searching for recent tandalty parties and keep coming up blank, worried tbh

wd love 2 share a nice cheese w Artist Magda Abu Kaduk :3

sufi

lala

THE CHEESE

#الغزال_الاسمر_ودحسان

kordofan has not seen the worst of the recent conflict so far, but I got a news update that mentions tandalti - it sounds like the war hasnt reached there yet but maybe closing in :(

(there seem to be more than 1 tindalti in sudan, there's another on the chad border with darfur which has probably been razed already - the comms blackout on darfur means that whatever is going on there isnt receiving much coverage compared to khartoum, but the situation is very very bad)

william_kent

rinky dink casio tone rave

tandalty lads in the circle

"work that neck!"

جيش المريود @ ورقيص خالد شبشة - Army of Maryoud @ Warqis Khaled Shabsha

6 moons ago and the Tandalty lads still be partying on in a kosmische clack clack trance rinky dink casio tone preset customised by "legendary keyboard mechanics from the local market" style

if you've carefully followed this thread you'll have noticed the distant cousin has graduated from the circle and is now firmly ensconced behind the keyboards ( although he doesn't get to touch them )

edit: salmon, the fashionista choice

Mr. Naga Pickle

rinky dink casio tone rave

tandalty lads in the circle

"work that neck!"

جيش المريود @ ورقيص خالد شبشة - Army of Maryoud @ Warqis Khaled Shabsha

6 moons ago and the Tandalty lads still be partying on in a kosmische clack clack trance rinky dink casio tone preset customised by "legendary keyboard mechanics from the local market" style

if you've carefully followed this thread you'll have noticed the distant cousin has graduated from the circle and is now firmly ensconced behind the keyboards ( although he doesn't get to touch them )

edit: salmon, the fashionista choice
Dudes Rock

william_kent

DARKSIDE TANDALTY?

سبتمبر - September​

whip it!

whip the sand?

seriously?

FAKE!

disappointing compared to previous years, a lot of macho posturing as the guy in yellow whips the sand, where's the blood?

snowflake generation, lol

intense tune though, percussive break hits harder than the lame whip on the sand

william_kent

considering the disaster that has engulfed Sudan I was heartened to discover that the Tandalty lads and lasses are still throwing parties

اولاد تندلتي لي الهجيج المريود و ود الجوكسي - The sons of Tandalti, Lee Al-Hajij Al-Maryoud and Wad Al-Juksi

a fine looking Madja on vocals, yellow tee shirts are even more popular, good to see that the guy who owns a camel and some nice shirts has returned from his "travels" and re-entered the circle ( edit: 4:30 really takes flight, kosmiche breaks, but, damn, cuts out )

الفنان +أحمد قمر +تندلتي ناس الهجيج - Artist +Ahmed Qamar +Tandalti Nas Al-Hajeej

twin keyboard attack!

هجيج و حت شديد - Noisy and even intense

Madja belts out one of her "big tunes"

"good vibes"

المريود و هجيج - Al-Maryoud and Hajij

peak hour for the guy in white on the left

1709938856815.png

1709938966438.png

Mr. Naga Pickle

considering the disaster that has engulfed Sudan I was heartened to discover that the Tandalty lads and lasses are still throwing parties

اولاد تندلتي لي الهجيج المريود و ود الجوكسي - The sons of Tandalti, Lee Al-Hajij Al-Maryoud and Wad Al-Juksi

a fine looking Madja on vocals, yellow tee shirts are even more popular, good to see that the guy who owns a camel and some nice shirts has returned from his "travels" and re-entered the circle ( edit: 4:30 really takes flight, kosmiche breaks, but, damn, cuts out )

الفنان +أحمد قمر +تندلتي ناس الهجيج - Artist +Ahmed Qamar +Tandalti Nas Al-Hajeej

twin keyboard attack!

هجيج و حت شديد - Noisy and even intense

Madja belts out one of her "big tunes"

"good vibes"

المريود و هجيج - Al-Maryoud and Hajij

peak hour for the guy in white on the left

View attachment 18125

View attachment 18126
The hajeej level? HEAVY.

william_kent

MAJDA!

AL MARYOUD ARMY!

2024 الفنانه ماجده ــ المريود ــ تسجيلات ود حمردي - Artist Majda - Al-Maryoud - Wad Hamrdi recordings 2024
plus the guy who can dance who owns a camel and more than one nice shirt works his neck behind the deck

added bonus live percussion

plus "make it rain" donations