forclosure

I don't listen to white MCs, apart from maybe discarda at a push

Just hate Twista's voice and flow, can't get with it, will never be persuaded
not even Syer B? white people being so hardline on their own rappers will never not be funny to me, not saying that you listen to them on purpose but it comes across like you must've heard one of those guys in passing or somebody made you listen to them with the preface that they were "better than all those MCs you like" and that the experience was so traumatising you swore never to listen to your fellow Alabaster brothers on the mic ever since.

also you must admit at least that the beat is good

luka

for me i wouldnt rap or allow myself to rap so i think less of my fellow whites if they do except in exceptional circumstances like they grew up selling crack on the gascoigne estate and speak fluent yoruba

forclosure

for me i wouldnt rap or allow myself to rap so i think less of my fellow whites if they do except in exceptional circumstances like they grew up selling crack on the gascoigne estate and speak fluent yoruba
is that why you geared that energy towards poetry? you might've stopped yourself from rapping but i bet the desire was and still is in some way strong

IdleRich

IdleRich
I have one record by this guy Alessandro Parisi and I like it but it's too dark and scary to play often so I thought I might check out what else he's got out there... seems loads of stuff that is pretty cool, and so this is my tune of the day (redux) which I just heard

Sounds a bit like Knight Rider and I was driving my car which is a bit like the one in that programme (ie both have four wheels) so it was pretty appropriate. It also reminds me a bit of this which I really like so I'm gonna post it as well.

None of the rest of you like that kind of thing though. You don't even care enough to put the boot in, you'll just step delicately around it making a face as though you are avoiding a passed out and possibly dead homeless man who is selfishly blocking the pavement on the way home - and then post some r&b thing to quickly get it out of your mind.

luka

craner sent me a text this evening reading, and i quote
fingering my bumhole, feels like fireworks. a revelation.

luka

craner sent me a text this evening reading, and i quote
fingering my bumhole, feels like fireworks. a revelation.

shakahislop

A genuine choon of the day, in that I listened to it for the first time this morning, has listened to it at regular intervals since, and may never listen to it again. Suits my mood really well.

forclosure

A genuine choon of the day, in that I listened to it for the first time this morning, has listened to it at regular intervals since, and may never listen to it again. Suits my mood really well.
what makes you say that you'll never listen to it again?

shakahislop

what makes you say that you'll never listen to it again?
Obviously I don't know if I will or not. There are some kinds of tunes, or choons, though that i can only get anything out of in quite particular situations or times or head states or whatever. Like I was rinsing an autechre album in the autumn, not that this sounds anything like that but it's the same process, which I loved at the time but which is never going anywhere near regular rotation, because it worked when I was walking around hamburg in the cold going to art galleries and sitting on trains but it's not going to work on the nyc subway. Also I really like protecting that memory association thing between music and particular days or times, it's great that

forclosure

Obviously I don't know if I will or not. There are some kinds of tunes, or choons, though that i can only get anything out of in quite particular situations or times or head states or whatever. Like I was rinsing an autechre album in the autumn, not that this sounds anything like that but it's the same process, which I loved at the time but which is never going anywhere near regular rotation, because it worked when I was walking around hamburg in the cold going to art galleries and sitting on trains but it's not going to work on the nyc subway. Also I really like protecting that memory association thing between music and particular days or times, it's great that
fair enough makes sense to me

IdleRich

IdleRich
@shakahislop good explanation, to me it's always better when there is a bit of info instead of just a link. A well written review of the tune is cool I guess, but there are loads of threads for that, when I read this thread I wanna know why that tune is specifically the one for today. Or maybe that's just my excuse for writing out loads of site as below....

Today I dj-d at this place in Lisbon. I think it's supposed to stop at one a.m and last time I played it was virtually dead and it did indeed stop around that time so I was expecting the same today... but actually it was really busy (if I were modest or just depressingly realistic I might conclude that this was cos someone dropped out and I stepped in at the last minute and no-one knew it was gonna be me, but let's push that thought right to the back of my mind) and the crowd lapped it up... manager told me to keep playing until 0200... then 0230... 0300 and finally they let me wind it down around 0330. I played this one right at the end and I think it sounded pretty fucking good even on my battered to fuck copy - in fact, is it pretentious if I try and claim a bit of crackle arguably added to the warm feel at that moment? - hence it's my tune of the day

IdleRich

IdleRich
Wow... some guy gave me his card cos he wants me to dj for him some time... I took it and pocketed it but just now I actually looked at it... is this normal? Makes the ones in American Psycho seem rather conservative.

20220324_060807.jpg

20220324_060819.jpg