IdleRich

IdleRich
Watched Priscilla, Queen of the Desert last night and had this stuck in my head all day.

She's fucking lucky she didn't go to my school. I remember seeing a huge load of her singles in the chart racks at HMV (or could be Our Price even) once, the staffer fixing on the price stickers had gone out of his or her way to attach every single one so as to cover the last three letters of her name and this ensure the spread of Ce Ce Penis over a pretty large percentage of the shop's display.

IdleRich

IdleRich
best luomo track I wish his other stuff lived up to this in terms of groove and build up

Kinda reminds me of that Nikolas Jaar one, both have a groove that is always threatening to move out of second gear and kick right off, but which instead is - I assume deliberately - kept tightly reined in, a tantalising tease bubbling under the surface that never quite gives you what you want.

You know when a poncey food critic says "a great meal should never quite satisfy you - at the end you should be wanting more" and your first thought in response is almost certainly "what a load of bollocks, I don't want to pay a load of money and still be hungry at the end"? Well I think I've accidentally said sort of the same thing about these tunes - although I'm not arguing that a great tune ought to do that, I'm making the much weaker claim that - extrapolating from these releases - these two artists probably think that it's a legitimate option. And as exhibit one for the prosecution ie evidence that the tune deliberately chooses to stay in the middle lane I'm producing the video that Jaar chose to accompany his song which looks to be a decidedly lukewarm day-time party.

As to my opinion, I guess it is something you might want a tune to do as part of a specific set - but i find myself wishing there was a balls-out remix on the other side. Though I guess the thinking was, if they did that then the low-key version would be overlooked.

DLaurent

I started the day listening to loads of Morgan Geist then found a Metamorphic label mate... Hakim Murphy. This one runs pretty deep. New to me anyway.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Lass from near you originally west mids moved to Nottingham for a period that you might like, fiery character completely uncompromising plays rocking sets

mixed_biscuits