IdleRich

IdleRich
So it turns out my host is maybe the biggest Laibach fan in the world and he's blasting me with their music... this video fucking hell. I guess it's about people (the church?) abandoning children or something, but it's an uncomfortable watch.

I've never seen The Sound of Music though so maybe I miss something.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Over-played personally, cropped up on a playlist had to let it ride - one of the finest love letters to the District of Colombia. Visions of Union Station, metro map, DuPont Circle, Jimmy Valentines bar, dog walking spies, uniform fetishisation, humidity, ladies who brunch, crabs, lost tourists asking for help in NE quads and more monuments than the entirety of Wessex

IdleRich

IdleRich
Went in a record shop today, the only one in Novi Sad*. Pulled this one out, looked quite interesting, listened to a couple of tunes seemed nice. Yeah I'll take it - fucking fifty euros! No fucker is ever gonna walk into this dingy store at the bottom of an underground shopping centre and drop that money on a ripped up copy of this record. It will sit there rotting in those racks til the day he dies or the shop closes with him wondering how he could have maybe sold more...

Random tune from lp

*The other one burnt down

IdleRich

IdleRich
Funny thing is when I dj-d last night one of the guys said to Igor "This sound reminds me of that band Beograd" so I guess I was on the right lines thinking to buy it.

Mr. Naga Pickle

Glad someone finally reacted to that Laibach thing @Cooking Mama 3 - was starting to think I was going crazy.
yeah, i loved nova akropola when i was a kid and reckon their 1992 show at the limelight was one of the best things i've seen in my life, but that video was just unbelievably unpleasant to watch. like, i had to tap out after maybe a minute at most. wow.

IdleRich

IdleRich
As I understand it the shepherd/priest sells the goats/kids to the hunter/paedo guy. Presumably some sort of comment on church betrayal or similar. But I wouldn't let my daughter be in that video. If I had one.

Mr. Naga Pickle

As I understand it the shepherd/priest sells the goats/kids to the hunter/paedo guy. Presumably some sort of comment on church betrayal or similar. But I wouldn't let my daughter be in that video. If I had one.
they ended their set with an slightly different version of this when i saw them a few years ago, which was every bit as bumpin as the video is creepy to watch (very):

guessing they're riffing on various totalitarians' fixations on Youth?