woops

is not like other people
It's less storage, more surfacing. Visualization. UI. Keeping found things found.

Has this ever happened in 20 years serious Q I guess Barty got discovered that's one, but it was by a fellow Dissensian
loads of the old bloggers who used to post here are published authors and don't bother anymore like owen hatherley nina power, whoever the rouges foam guy was plus @poetix is the exception as he is still about like a proper lad

version

"as i have yet to receive a single email concerning my blog, positive or negative, i was under the impression that i was shouting into the void, that there was no audience for my monolouges and so i was pleasantly suprised to see on opening todays new statesman, that john gray has accepted my commission and written an article on the paralells between neoconservatism and the bolshevics."

sus

Luka said...
I'm taking what I've written over the last year and a bit adding it with the older stuff and the stuff i never put online and seeing if I can make it cohere. Put it together like a magazine. I need time and space. That's all. All the archives are at heronbore.blogspot.com. I just had an upsetting few days and i need to do something to assert myself again ok! I beleive in what i've written so i'm going to try and do justice to it, you can't break me down!!!
xxx
Kisses! From Luke!

Did ya ever do it?

mvuent

Void Dweller
always interesting to go back to an auteur's early work having primarily known their later work, because its comparative simplicity/straightforwardness makes everything seem more transparent, creates the (illusory) sense that you could do what they do

woops

is not like other people
always interesting to go back to an auteur's early work having primarily known their later work, because its comparative simplicity/straightforwardness makes everything seem more transparent, creates the (illusory) sense that you could do what they do

mvuent

Void Dweller
couldn't do what they do in the sense of directly imitating someone else's idiosyncracies, that is

woops

is not like other people
the ambiguous pleasure of watching a master at work is knowing that you could have done the same or better if only the stars had aligned so that everyone was looking at you, it's not a lack of talent or facility

sus

it's one of the tragedies of today's literary scene that the publisher reneged on doing a book of heronbone. everything was in place. anyone who casts an eye over the text can see that it's something special.
@luka send me the MS send send send

sus

I've definitely been plotting, I asked Craner for a list of old c. 2003 era blogs, because even though KPunk gets all the attention, it's a scenius thing, right?

And it's more interesting IMO to capture the conversation than just highlight a single individual's contributions.

I did this with an early-to-mid 2010s blog scene that was interested in aesthetics and been wanting to make it a series. Dig up old blogworld convos before they're lost, find representative or exemplary samples/interactions, publish em to preserve em. Amber & such

sus

Hopefully he doesn't mind me re-posting this, it seems pretty nonconfidential
The blogs I liked and don't get talked about enough were:

Heronbone (Luke)
Peking O (Cathy Leung, who was the best of all)
Pillbox (Ian Penman)
I Have Zero Money (Cozen)
Mark Sinker's blog
Bodyparts (a short-lived one by my friend Daria Brit Shapiro)
Emerald Daze (Jim Clarke)
Skykicking (Tim Finney)

It's hard to pick up the pieces though, because some of them have been deleted all together, like Bodyparts and Peking O, which is tragic because they were both brilliant and original.