woops

is not like other people
odd thread this, @suspended saying i know this isn't very good but better this than siding with the boring old farts, and on the other hand boring old farts saying anyonne can see modern music is rubbish what about this though, this is alright (half-decent at best)

sus

I'll check it out, let you know

Also, I think plenty of it's pretty good, but my expectations in general for culture are pretty low, I just assume time is a good sorting mechanism so the past seems to have a higher hit rate than it did

woops

is not like other people
I'll check it out, let you know

Also, I think plenty of it's pretty good, but my expectations in general for culture are pretty low, I just assume time is a good sorting mechanism so the past seems to have a higher hit rate than it did
as i said it's a weird thread, you make this claim while admitting yourself you don't expect to be listening to whatshername in a year. caroline polachek

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This probably doesn't "belong" here but it's somehow related – purloining the joyful (but melancholy) sound of UK garage, except the vocal is all artificial sounding and has a sinister lyrical theme.

luka

it works. becasue as Gus says the songs dont really sound like eighties songs but they carry over something from the eighties, something i very astutely and movingly articulated in the eighties pop poignance thread.

luka

you're always trying to sleep with posh art students. this stuff soundtracks your world.

As I've said Christine is my favourite of these nu 80s ones. Best voice, better dancer, more charisma. The harmonies in the outro of this, late MJ