luka

poetix has just made an entire folk rock album all by himself in his garden shed

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
See this is why I'm so unconvinced by the taste on this board.

It isn't, "oh, that's not a very good exemplar of X kind of music, try this instead"—which is an approach I'm always all-ears for. It's a genre supremacy type thing—it's literally the belief that certain genres are interesting and certain genres aren't. Which is rubbish. Sturgeon's Law rules everything around me. If you can't get anything out of horror films, or detective novels, that's OK—but to think that there are no good horror films or detective novels, that's just silly.

It's got nothing to do with that. Only maladjusted posh kids like indie in this country. You will never be bullied for your music taste in the states, over here, people have given their lives for being on the wrong side of the culture war.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ive got no idea cos no one actually does this. Third listens to Turkish schmaltz, Leo listens the The Police, Corpsey listens to Benjamin Britten, Rich listens to garage rock from the '60s, Woops loves Stereolab, WashYourHands has every Grateful Dead bootleg ever recorded....

indeed, i separate my dj listening from my leisure listening. Quite easy to do once you catalog your tunes into playlists. it's not as if I have to go search for the industrial techno tunes whenever I post them, just find it in a foobar playlist, applications key, y, o, enter and it copies the URL nice and tidy to the clipboard.

But, seen as you would like to interrogate my non-dj listening...

www.last.fm/user/thirdform

linebaugh

1-2-D2E-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0j8i0-a_349.jpg

live look inside polachek studios

linebaugh

I'm not completely anti indie before the accusation is thrown I just think stuff like polachek is the pock marks on the back of a sickly beast