Music of the Illuminati Study Group

william_kent

Wow, amazing lines of thought here.

I really like the stranglers as it goes, particularly peaches and golden brown. They were one of the first punk bands I got into, along with buzzcocks. I remember thinking, this is just good pop music with rude lyrics, brilliant.

JJ Burnel has that same look to him as someone like Kenny Noye. Winstonesque definitely. I know a funny story about Winstone and the guy who played Lovejoy, remind me to tell it you, think it will be up your street.

"The red cow" - I feel like I've heard it somewhere but I'm not sure where. Possibly in the Alan garner novel thursbitch. Hinduism is obviously very full of cows, but they tend to be white.

Kenneth Noye - The Full Story

One of my favourite youtube channels at the moment is Crimescene 2 Courtroom, which is dedicated to finding out the truth of the Essex Boys murders ( aka Rettendon Murders aka the Range Rover Murders ). The guy who runs the channel has an "energy" that comes through - I like his playacting when he reads out the police statements - he starts getting into the roles. His rendition of the Mad Mickey Bowman interview is a personal favourite of mine.

There are theories that Kenny Noye was in the back of the range rover on the night of the murders, maybe luring Tucker, Tate & Rolfe to the lane with the promise of buying a gun off Mad Mickey Bowman.

The "full story" has some entertaining quotes form people who went to school with Noye and none of them are complimentary: "He hit me for no reason!"

A bad seed.

----

The Red Cow ritual seems to be an example of "karma swap" - the pure become unclean, the unclean become pure.

---

Coincidentally I received an Amazon recommendation for the overpriced DVD of Red Shift, the adaptation of the Alan Garner story, a few minutes after reading your post.

william_kent

"The red cow" - I feel like I've heard it somewhere but I'm not sure where. Possibly in the Alan garner novel thursbitch. Hinduism is obviously very full of cows, but they tend to be white.

Alan Garner's A Bag of Moonshine contains a story, Mr Vinegar, which features a red cow and the attempts of Mr & Mrs Vinegar to "repair their fortunes":

“My stars and garters and little apples!” said Mrs Vinegar. “You take these golden guineas and buy us a cow, and that will set us up for life.”
So Mr Vinegar took the golden guineas, and he went to the market to buy him a cow. And he bought a cow: a fine, red cow in full milk it was. He handed over the golden guineas, and he drove the cow back along the road to show his wife.”
“Well, he hadn’t gone far when he met a man playing the bagpipes, and all the children were following him and dancing.
“Eh dear,” said Mr Vinegar. “I do wish I had those bagpipes, and then. But never mind.”
“You can have these bagpipes,” said the man, “if you’ll give me your red cow.”
“Done!” said Mr Vinegar. And he gave the man the red cow, and the man gave him the bagpipes, and Mr Vinegar marched off down the road, the children following. But Mr Vinegar had never learned to play on bagpipes, nor on anything else, for that matter, and the children soon began to laugh at him and his caterwauling. They didn’t dance any more, either, and Mr Vinegar’s fingers grew stiff and cold with trying to play.”.

things get worse for Mr Vinegar - lots of karma swapping in the tale

catalog

Kenny Noye story is covered in detail in Iain Sinclair's 'Orbital' - he's fascinated by the guy.

luka

ive never watched the sequels for the same reason ice never watched a matrix sequel, i dont want to tarnish a classic

luka

theres a great line where hes working security in an essex nightclub and he says if he catches anyone noncing he sticks a blade up their arsehole....

catalog

one of my favourite films of all time is scum. my nickname at uni in our shared house was "the daddy"

william_kent

it's full of great moments - i like it when Pat Tate wants a pizza with a different topping on each slice and the takeaway manager won't comply...

luka

easily my favourite double team in film history. the firm is an embaressment. joke film.