Medicalisation

mixed_biscuits

This critique applies just as well to food as it does to vaccines. Is there room in your worldview for a position between "food manufacturers are charities that exist because the people who run them get a warm glow from knowing we're all well fed" and "food manufacturers are cartoonishly evil and want to poison us for the sheer hell of it, which they get away with because no laws prevent them from doing otherwise"?

I mean, if you take the latter approach, then fine -- but I can only assume you subsist as a completely self-sufficient smallholder or hunter-gatherer. Because if not, then you're obviously full of shit.
At least you've given me the choice between two strawmen lol

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And however you phrase it, you still haven't explained why you don't extend your extreme skepticism about the pharma industry to the food industry.

This is why rightist attempts to critique capitalism are always so perverse and self-defeating. You can't claim that the problem with the pharma industry is that of under-regulation, because a key part of your ideology is the conviction that all regulation is bad, and the less of it we have, the better. (Except, of course, when it comes to things you don't like - abortion or gender therapy, say - which you want banned outright.)

mixed_biscuits

This is why rightist attempts to critique capitalism are always so perverse and self-defeating. You can't claim that the problem with the pharma industry is that of under-regulation, because a key part of your ideology is the conviction that all regulation is bad, and the less of it we have, the better. (Except, of course, when it comes to things you don't like - abortion or gender therapy, say - which you want banned outright.)
You're just making things up. You've got to give up this strawmanning lying habit ('gender therapy should be banned' lol) before I get close to engaging with your non-points. Speaking of gender therapy, you haven't even given your position on what should happen if your son's doctor says that your son has said he wants to be a girl. You haven't given your lower age limit for surgery, but you didn't contradict me when I assumed you think it should be 18. You bandy about these stereotypes and cliches rather than reflecting on the basics of the topic.

P.S. where is that paper associating increased vaccination with better general health? Regulators should have asked themselves this question by now, shouldn't they?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The current age limit varies from 16 to 18 in different bits of the UK, which I think is probably about right (not that it really has anything to do with me, or you). It isn't being performed on young kids, at any rate, as is frequently claimed.

I note you didn't mention abortion, because you do in fact favour a maximally authoritarian approach on that issue.

And come the fuck on, who do you think you're kidding with this "find me a paper that proves..." bollocks? We both know exactly how you're going to respond to that.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Speaking of gender therapy, you haven't even given your position on what should happen if your son's doctor says that your son has said he wants to be a girl.

su testisi su yolunda kırılır. Dört büyük kutsal kitap cinsiyeti açıklıyor haraçlı topluluğun düşünyapısına göre. Peki senin dostlar nasıl çinsiyeti anliyorlar ve öğretiyorlar? Ondan sonra mr. tea'ile sabit tartısabilirsin. Ama şimdi ödevin var.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
This is why rightist attempts to critique capitalism are always so perverse and self-defeating. You can't claim that the problem with the pharma industry is that of under-regulation, because a key part of your ideology is the conviction that all regulation is bad, and the less of it we have, the better.
Teas got a point here

mixed_biscuits

I think you'll find consumption of food is positively associated with general health, up to a point. I guess the same is true of vaccines, with a handful of childhood vaccines for the most common and worst ailments, resulting in better overall health. But diminishing in negative returns thereafter. The lack of evidence against the charge of overmedicalisation here is telling, given Pharma's desperation to jab everything that moves.

Yes, I have a hard line against abortion because it is murder. You don't because you're confused about both murder and abortion.

Trans surgery age limits are as much our business as any other law in a democratic society. Who's the authoritarian now?

Let us know when you find that paper.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Trans surgery age limits are as much our business as any other law in a democratic society. Who's the authoritarian now?

ok but you still refuse to answer the key question: is gender hierarchical and socially stratified, and thereby divinely ordained, or is it fluid and substantive? if the latter, then, you contradict yourself.

Also what's the problem with authoritarianism? Your trains must run on time, after all. Really, stop with the RATM antics, its very unbecoming for a heideggerian oxford mastermind such as yourself.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the hilarious thing is you equate repartee with business. When in reality you and I know that no law is anyones business in the democratic society, apart from the state which can only act as a vessel to bestow or exclude from right. Your opinions have never meant anything to those you elect ever ever.

mixed_biscuits

ok but you still refuse to answer the key question: is gender hierarchical and socially stratified, and thereby divinely ordained, or is it fluid and substantive? if the latter, then, you contradict yourself.

Also what's the problem with authoritarianism? Your trains must run on time, after all. Really, stop with the RATM antics, its very unbecoming for a heideggerian oxford mastermind such as yourself.
I refuse the term gender. Sex is a biological given. What you do with it is up to you. *Jeremy Clarkson winks at camera*. Roll credits.

mixed_biscuits

the hilarious thing is you equate repartee with business. When in reality you and I know that no law is anyones business in the democratic society, apart from the state which can only act as a vessel to bestow or exclude from right. Your opinions have never meant anything to those you elect ever ever.
Brexit!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I refuse the term gender. Sex is a biological given. What you do with it is up to you. *Jeremy Clarkson winks at camera*. Roll credits.

a nice scholastic trick, but if you refuse gender, then you erase all linguistic comprehension. by that logic your hypothetical son could transition when they are 3 years old and you could not respond or curtail it at all, because you have denied gender outright, I.E: you have denied the abstraction you are railing against. So, you cannot criticise gender ideology by simply denying gender. It is like the moronic blockheaded new atheist science guy who thinks that by denying god exists, they have denied the validity of the historical and social god.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Indeed, would not have been on your agenda if the ardent remainer cameron didn't throw the dog a bone. thanks for proving my point. the government must always administer the state for the sake of the state. their personal beliefs matter jack shit.

mixed_biscuits

a nice scholastic trick, but if you refuse gender, then you erase all linguistic comprehension. by that logic your hypothetical son could transition when they are 3 years old and you could not respond or curtail it at all, because you have denied gender outright, I.E: you have denied the abstraction you are railing against. So, you cannot criticise gender ideology by simply denying gender. It is like the moronic blockheaded new atheist science guy who thinks that by denying god exists, they have denied the validity of the historical and social god.
Define 'gender' without referring to biology

mixed_biscuits

Indeed, would not have been on your agenda if the ardent remainer cameron didn't throw the dog a bone. thanks for proving my point. the government must always administer the state for the sake of the state. their personal beliefs matter jack shit.
Sounds like Deep State conspiracy theory. Next thing you'll say is that governments opinions don't matter to the Rothschilds, and nor should they!