IdleRich

IdleRich
Think I've said before, I'm one of the few people in Portugal with no piercings or tatts or anything. I actually often think it might be fun to wear a ring or something but I dunno where to start... although finally I found something that might actually suit me...

IMG_20231013_061556.jpg

Or maybe could be a gift for the right person...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Need clothes that are both stylish and completely waterproof (from outside-in, not inside-out)

I think it's style OR practicality... and of course there are many garments with neither.

Although, what are you after exactly? There are loads of designer raincoats etc but I can't imagine that anyone is gonna make some kinda functional waterproof trousers in a snazzy style. Though maybe some fetish type gear might actually be waterproof due to its material.

I suppose I'm arriving at the realisation that you could work the problem from either end depending on which characteristic is most important.

mixed_biscuits

I have unearthed some pleather trousers that are not fetish-tight and look kinda cool while also being fully waterproof. The way the water ends up sitting/dripping down the material contributes to the aesthetic impact of such things too.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think I might have a problem w sunglasses, got another pair today. I've realized that I've got four white pairs each with a slightly different amount of facial coverage.

And I'm always looking at other ones. When I realised the above my first thought was "oh man I had better stop buying sunglasses... that are white, the next one's should be a different colour".

IdleRich

IdleRich
Have any of you seen those video things where they find people wearing completely bonkers clothing and ask them about their "fits"? I dunno if it's one channel that does it or loads - after all, all you need is an idiot with a mic and someone to film - but whenever I see one they pick someone who looks as n they were dressed by a blind person during an explosion in a designer warehouse.

They normally get ripped to pieces in the comments - and rightly so. I'm not one of those people who has a knee-jerk negative response to designer clothes, but these are people who clearly buy stuff purely by name and just throw it together without any thought to anything except cost and label. So they are proud of spending thousands and thousands to look complete clowns.

I thought of this cos of what I said above about trousers above. One of these fits had someone wearing the most extraordinary garment I have ever seen, though maybe not trousers but boots come to think of it.... yeah I reckon boots but the length of waders and maybe joined together too. They were kinda square, or in other words, each leg was enclosed in a straight oblong box from the ground to the upper thigh. And these "boxes" were really wide so you had to have your legs far apart, and - bizarrely! - they were really hairy so the overall effect was to make the wearer look like a yeti from the waist down, if yetis have legs that are just fat totally straight hairy columns.

I don't know if you could walk in these things. The guy was with a mate who had the stupidest clothes you've ever seen - but who looked relatively normal in this context. And they were stood there in a street in NY seemingly, though I dunno how theu got there. Oh yeah and they cost seventeen thousand dollars.

Fucking found it, check this out

Did I lie?