post text your computer has generated [algorithmic writing]

william_kent

Google announce "MusicLM: Generating Music From Text", another AI product we're not allowed to use, although they do mention that they will release MusicCaps, 'a dataset composed of 5.5k music-text pairs, with rich text descriptions provided by human experts' - they don't provide a link to the dataset but it can be downloaded from here

there is a demo page where they show off how brilliant their AI product is - the 'epochs' section of the examples is interesting just because of its conception of "futuristic club" - sounds like the kids of the future are just going to be standing around looking blankly at their shoes

wektor

also I approached text generation through very simple means and it worked quite well, if you want to train your own little generative model - super simple, just plug a .txt file into this python script:

wektor

here's why it's easier for a casual poet to be a macintosh user: python comes pre-installed on your personal computer

wektor

Google announce "MusicLM: Generating Music From Text", another AI product we're not allowed to use, although they do mention that they will release MusicCaps, 'a dataset composed of 5.5k music-text pairs, with rich text descriptions provided by human experts' - they don't provide a link to the dataset but it can be downloaded from here

there is a demo page where they show off how brilliant their AI product is - the 'epochs' section of the examples is interesting just because of its conception of "futuristic club" - sounds like the kids of the future are just going to be standing around looking blankly at their shoes
the scream painting interpretation sounds like arca and then goes into dub then very quickly into kosmische which is funny, weird how low the quality of some of the samples is?
come on it's 2023, generation shit runs so fast in 44.1khz nowadays

wektor

okay nevermind mind, some are good, especially the accordion examples - such a variety of roma music, I think google should get on generating futuristic fusion genres of roma pop

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
@wektor @william_kent so I have this idea for using hybrid collective intelligence to spawn and teach egregores, and I'm wondering if either of you have experience training AI models, or know of any tools which make it easy.

So the idea is to have a basic set of categories for writers to fall into (I'm thinking Myers-Briggs) and each category gets to train its own egregore. In principle, that egregore than becomes emblematic of that personality type.

This operation would be conducted with the Autonomous Enterprise for the Stewardship of On-chain Publishing, or AESOP for short. AESOP would be a 501(c)(6) nonprofit chamber of commerce, with the mission of promoting the web3 publishing industry. The name lends itself to mythology and fables, so I asked openAI to map mythological characters onto Myers-Briggs types:
  1. ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging): These people are practical, detail-oriented, and dependable. They value tradition and duty. A mythological character that fits this type might be Hephaestus, the Greek god of blacksmiths and artisans. Hephaestus was known for his skill and reliability, and he was also known for being introverted and not particularly social.
  2. ISFJ (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging): These people are loyal, responsible, and empathetic. They value harmony and stability. A mythological character that fits this type might be Demeter, the Greek goddess of agriculture and fertility. Demeter was known for her nurturing nature and her dedication to her daughter Persephone.
  3. INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging): These people are idealistic, insightful, and compassionate. They value harmony and understanding. A mythological character that fits this type might be Merlin, the wizard from Arthurian legend. Merlin was known for his wisdom and his ability to see the future, and he was also known for his compassion and his desire to create a better world.
  4. INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging): These people are analytical, strategic, and independent. They value knowledge and efficiency. A mythological character that fits this type might be Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and war. Athena was known for her intelligence and her strategic thinking, and she was also known for being independent and self-sufficient.
  5. ISTP (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving): These people are practical, hands-on, and adaptable. They value experience and self-sufficiency. A mythological character that fits this type might be Odysseus, the hero of the Greek epic poem The Odyssey. Odysseus was known for his resourcefulness and his ability to adapt to new situations, and he was also known for being self-reliant and independent.
  6. ISFP (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving): These people are artistic, sensitive, and compassionate. They value beauty and individuality. A mythological character that fits this type might be Orpheus, the musician from Greek mythology. Orpheus was known for his artistic talent and his sensitivity, and he was also known for his devotion to his wife Eurydice.
  7. INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving): These people are idealistic, creative, and empathetic. They value authenticity and personal growth. A mythological character that fits this type might be Persephone, the Greek goddess of spring and queen of the underworld. Persephone was known for her sensitivity and her connection to the natural world, and she was also known for her journey of personal growth and transformation.
  8. INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving): These people are logical, curious, and independent. They value knowledge and creativity. A mythological character that fits this type might be Prometheus, the Greek god of fire and invention. Prometheus was known for his intelligence and his curiosity, and he was also known for his independent spirit and his desire to create something new.
  9. ESTP (Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving): These people are outgoing, adventurous, and spontaneous. They value excitement and action. A mythological character that fits this type might be Dionysus, the Greek god of wine, parties, and ecstasy. Dionysus was known for his love of celebration and his wild, spontaneous nature.
  10. ESFP (Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving): These people are social, fun-loving, and empathetic. They value connection and enjoyment. A mythological character that fits this type might be Pan, the Greek god of nature, shepherds, and fertility. Pan was known for his love of music, dancing, and revelry, and he was also associated with the natural world.
  11. ENFP (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving): These people are enthusiastic, imaginative, and empathetic. They value creativity and human connection. A mythological character that fits this type might be Hermes, the Greek god of messengers, thieves, and travelers. Hermes was known for his wit, his charm, and his ability to bridge different worlds and connect people.
  12. ENTP (Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving): These people are curious, analytical, and independent. They value innovation and exploration. A mythological character that fits this type might be Loki, the trickster god from Norse mythology. Loki was known for his intelligence, his wit, and his love of mischief, and he was also associated with change and transformation.
  13. ESTJ (Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging): These people are practical, organized, and responsible. They value efficiency and order. A mythological character that fits this type might be Horus, the Egyptian god of the sky and kingship. Horus was known for his strong sense of justice, his organizational skills, and his ability to maintain order and balance.
  14. ESFJ (Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging): These people are social, caring, and responsible. They value harmony and connection. A mythological character that fits this type might be Hestia, the Greek goddess of the hearth and home. Hestia was known for her devotion to family and community, her gentle nature, and her ability to create a peaceful and welcoming environment.
  15. ENFJ (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging): These people are empathetic, intuitive, and driven. They value human connection and personal growth. A mythological character that fits this type might be Isis, the Egyptian goddess of motherhood, magic, and fertility. Isis was known for her nurturing nature, her ability to heal and transform, and her role as a protector of the vulnerable.
  16. ENTJ (Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging): These people are analytical, strategic, and ambitious. They value knowledge and achievement. A mythological character that fits this type might be Ra, the Egyptian god of the sun and creator of the world. Ra was known for his wisdom, his organizational skills, and his ability to create and sustain a powerful empire.

william_kent

I once worked at a place where we had to do a Meyers-Brigg test... anyway, in a weird fit of synchronicity my current avatar is actually emblematic of my " Meyers-Brigg type" ( and even weirder I share the first three letters in common with @Clinamenic's Meyers-Brigg type... )

Although I seem to recall that the Meyers-Brigg test is occult nonsense based on Jung's more fanciful musings?

@Clinamenic do you have an account with huggingface? Lots of resources for AI generation - there's plenty of tutorials about training and fine-tuning existing models, etc., - although it helps if you have a google collab account as well, and a smattering of python coding ability...

this is maybe the tutorial I found useful, but I'm experiencing a "lost weekend" and this may not be factual information:

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
so like an elevated personality test?
Yeah the Myers Briggs personality type is just to allow for an automated funnel for users/writers to group themselves into egregore-training camps, and as @william_kent says I also think of it as Jungian pseudoscience. I just think that pseudoscience is fine in this case.

The idea is less about discovering personality types, and more about using some kind of cultural/personality taxonomy as a basis for differentiating egregores, for pointing their evolution in different directions.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I once worked at a place where we had to do a Meyers-Brigg test... anyway, in a weird fit of synchronicity my current avatar is actually emblematic of my " Meyers-Brigg type" ( and even weirder I share the first three letters in common with @Clinamenic's Meyers-Brigg type... )

Although I seem to recall that the Meyers-Brigg test is occult nonsense based on Jung's more fanciful musings?

@Clinamenic do you have an account with huggingface? Lots of resources for AI generation - there's plenty of tutorials about training and fine-tuning existing models, etc., - although it helps if you have a google collab account as well, and a smattering of python coding ability...

this is maybe the tutorial I found useful, but I'm experiencing a "lost weekend" and this may not be factual information:

Haven’t heard of Huggingface, but it sounds like it would have some great resources for this! Thanks for sharing.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The idea is less about discovering personality types, and more about using some kind of cultural/personality taxonomy as a basis for differentiating egregores, for pointing their evolution in different directions.
I was also thinking astrological types could work, but I feel like Myers-Briggs is slightly more concrete than that.

wektor

Yeah the Myers Briggs personality type is just to allow for an automated funnel for users/writers to group themselves into egregore-training camps, and as @william_kent says I also think of it as Jungian pseudoscience. I just think that pseudoscience is fine in this case.

that sounds interesting, but you need to 1. figure out where your data will be coming from, 2. where to mince it all, likely to get somewhat reasonable results you might have to invest into GPU time with some bigger providers, not just a colab pro or something.
sounds curious though, keep us updated.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
that sounds interesting, but you need to 1. figure out where your data will be coming from, 2. where to mince it all, likely to get somewhat reasonable results you might have to invest into GPU time with some bigger providers, not just a colab pro or something.
Haha yeah I'm thinking its one of those things that I'll just blueprint a bit, then keep it on ice until either I have the resources+knowledge to do it, or until someone else comes along who does.

catalog

if you wanted that access that is above colab pro, what do you do? where do you go? can you pay a bit more and get a sub to something that will deliver stuff almost real-time? but i mean not dall-e or anything like that. off back of colab style custom notebook i mean