sus

Obviously "Instagram face" is related. But not the total story. You're supposed to look a little bit like an alien.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Watching this film called Gamer. About half way through I wondered who the main guy was... yep, you guessed it.

The last bit was not quite as good as the start. And more than that, to think too hard about it, the film didn't really resolve the age old problem of criticizing mindless violence (ok and loss of free will) as entertainment - from within the format of a fairly shallow and violent action film.

When it came on I had no idea what the film was about & the first sequence was this hugely over the top battle, the air absolutely filled with explosions, bullets and death screams. My eyes immediately sort of glazed over cos I do find such extended action scenes increasingly unengaging and thus hard to follow. So I was quite relieved that more and more obvious hints such as glitches told the viewer that they were watching a computer game type thing within the film. So I thought that in a way they are telling you you don't need to follow this too closely (hence my relief) cos it's not 'real' within the film. But then I was wondering whether they had tried to make it look good - be a good action scene - while simultaneously disavowing it. And I wondered how much of the film would be in this vein; scenes that I like more cos they let us know we didn't have to.

I guess that's the same problem stated two ways, but I just wanna be clear that despite what I said above it wasn't just a "now I think about it properly later" type position, the inherent contradiction was something I felt instantly and viscerally in the first few seconds.

linebaugh

Same with Anna Kendrick and Allison Brie. Dated facial features.

Anya Taylor-Joy. Hunter Schafer. Zendaya. Sydney Sweeny. Kat Hernandez. Tavi Gevinson. Jordan Alexander. That's what the early 2020s are selling us
I just watched mad men which allison brie has a small part in and you get the sense that her mere face is a tired cliche

IdleRich

IdleRich
I get the same feeling from henry cavills face. It looks corny, you cant take seriously any movie that its in
But I reckon his is more like a retro/vintage face... it's not from 2010s it's from 50s or something... people seem to love him anyhow. Dunno if that's like a retro fetish type thing.

linebaugh

Interesting time capsule because gerard butler is basically playing an andrew tate character with a red pill youtube channel but this is 2009 before the red pill and mens rights even existed and the idea of this type of man was just a normal guy's guy.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
A poor advert for Scotland too, I mean look at this beast

IMG_2554.jpeg

worst element to GB is his public fawning over Celtic given any opportunity

even here you could be looking at an equally underwhelming James McAvoy + 2 stones

IMG_2556.jpeg

version

Interesting time capsule because gerard butler is basically playing an andrew tate character with a red pill youtube channel but this is 2009 before the red pill and mens rights even existed and the idea of this type of man was just a normal guy's guy.

Tom Cruise in Magnolia was another warning of things to come.

william_kent

every time I see this thread title I get all dyslexic, and maybe a bit excited, and think it's about Gerald Suster

author of such great works as

21M7LLdqM+L.jpg

HITLER BLACK MAGICIAN

71G3Lmz-ovL._SL1100_.jpg

THE LEGACY OF THE BEAST

510gZmAdX+L._SY425_.jpg

HITLER AND THE AGE OF HORUS

etc.,
oops

edit: and how could I forget?

1705616992850.png

THE ELECT