Big Mood: Peli's theory of vibe

sus

I like it because it's ambitious, a naive sort of stoner quality to the project but with a much higher resolution. Something you would never see in regular academia
Yes that's exactly right, it feels a approximately like if a computer science major read Carl Jung while on LSD

sus

Tell us more about this golden age idea

Does it involve everyone on the board reading my new paper on inexactitude on science, and deciding to become a soldier in the rigorizing pipeline

wild greens

Vibe in a black sense and vibe in a traditional 60s white sense are two quite different emotions i think

In a way the opposite of the white adoption and subsequent weaponisation of woke

Leo

Do your homework Leo. Did you read any of the linked chapter? The whole thrust is he's trying to defend art as an alternative to the scientific and manifest images of the world, i.e. defend it as a layer at which we can speak "romantically" or "passionately" and still "truthfully."

Did you read my post? You shared his twitter, I was commenting on his bio:

Mathematized philosophy of literature

If I try, I might be able to come up with something that's less interesting.

sus

You have no idea how good life is once you break out of the pre-fab binaries like "math vs art" and "liberal vs fascist" and do whatever you want 🤣

sus

The only binary worth defending is Lad vs Dude, everything else is fake, that's the only one that's real

sus

We're out here building a poetic lifeworld for everyone to share, meanwhile the so-called "poets" on the other side of the Atlantic are—what, drinking? snoozing by the thames?—certainly shirking their duty to fellow board members, and feeding stray dogs their homework

linebaugh

Ultimately I with you here, but I would still assert that math like all other conceptual frameworks are part of the map and not the territory. I think even percepts like visual input are still more map than territory.
wheat would you say is definitively the territory?

shakahislop

wheat would you say is definitively the territory?

1 - BLENDED ORGASMS​

Discover the true meaning of pleasure with this double vibrator fusing G-spot and clitoral massage.

2 - WIDER RANGE OF INTENSITIES​

Because there’s no such thing as too much satisfaction, we’ve increased the range to 12.

3 - BOOST OF POWER​

30% more power for more intense, further-reaching vibrations.