Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If someone is determined to commit a sexual assault a sign on the bathroom door isn't going to stop them.

Very true. Two friends of mine (that I know of - there could easily be more) have been would-be victims of attempted rapes in the women's bogs by ordinary bloke-type blokes.

If I was to play Serena in a game of tennis I very much doubt I would win even though I'm a man.

Come on, this is just silly. I've seen endless iterations of this argument on Twitter and it never gets any less daft. Of course a top female tennis player could easily beat a man who doesn't even play tennis! The point is that it would be unfair to expect top female players to compete against top male players, and anyone who's gone through puberty with testicles will be at a huge advantage over anyone who hasn't, regardless of whatever treatment they've had since. It's not for no reason that sports are segregated by sex, because without that, women simply wouldn't get a look-in.

Benny Bunter

The sports aspect of all this really lays the whole issue bare, and it's really easy for everyone to understand. You have to go through some really convoluted twisted logic to justify males competing against women.

I mean, if you think it's OK, why are there male/female categories in sport in the first place, why not just lump everyone in together and have it all unisex? It's obviously ridiculous.

boxedjoy

height and weight categories make more sense to me: I'm 5ft6 and pre-pandemic was 64kg, I would be annihilated in any sport against my 6ft muscular amazonian female friends

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
height and weight categories make more sense to me: I'm 5ft6 and pre-pandemic was 64kg, I would be annihilated in any sport against my 6ft muscular amazonian female friends
This is just what they do in boxing, isn't it? But they still don't pit men and women against each other, even when they're in the same weight category.

Benny Bunter

Was just gonna say, in boxing,for example, there are weight categories within sex categories. Women still wouldn't get a look in if it was unisex cos of bone structure/musculature etc - all you'd get would be the horrific sight of a man beating the absolute shit out of a woman. Who wants that?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
'Devestating effects...on the gene pool' sounds eugenicky...use birth control/abortion?? (also eugenicky)

actually that's your feminist mates like Benny, who as subvert said is 15 years old and can't realise the contradiction he's trapped himself in, namely that he wants to advocate equality of men and women, yet also justifies male biological supremacy (the cornerstone of misogyny.) Go to Spain Oxford lover boy and sort him out cos this is a classic case of wanting to have his cake and eat it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I have to say, I disagree with nearly everything Benny has to say on this issue, but in this instance he's right. Men are not only bigger than women on average, they also have a bigger proportion of muscle mass compared to bodyweight, and that's true whether you're talking about Mr and Ms Elite Athlete or Mr and Ms Couch Potato. Pointing out that Ms Elite Athlete would beat Mr Couch Potato is meaningless, because you're not comparing like with like.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I have to say, I disagree with nearly everything Benny has to say on this issue, but in this instance he's right. Men are not only bigger than women on average, they also have a bigger proportion of muscle mass compared to bodyweight, and that's true whether you're talking about Mr and Ms Elite Athlete or Mr and Ms Couch Potato. Pointing out that Ms Elite Athlete would beat Mr Couch Potato is meaningless, because you're not comparing like with like.

but the issue is not biological difference. the issue is this completely bizarre and nonsensical idea (from people who don't follow sports) that sports, even amongst single sex games is supposedly 'fair.'

So you find yourself in a quandary here. Either you advocate that men are superior to women in sports, in which case charge of misogyny is fair, or you actually understand that this is one grey area which can't be resolved with an arbitrary criterion of purported fairness.

And in fact, if you're going to argue the former, why even be a feminist to begin with? Because you might as well white knight.

Benny Bunter

I'm right about everything else as well. Good to see you saying 'men' and 'women' too in that post. You'll probably get told off now though, naughty, naughty 😖

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm right about everything else as well. Good to see you saying 'men' and 'women' too in that post. You'll probably get told off now though, naughty, naughty 😖

If you're right about everything else then you should push your thinking to its logical limit.

You won't though, because the terf cult hasn't given you permission to.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but the issue is not biological difference. the issue is this completely bizarre and nonsensical idea (from people who don't follow sports) that sports, even amongst single sex games is supposedly 'fair.'

So you find yourself in a quandary here. Either you advocate that men are superior to women in sports, in which case charge of misogyny is fair, or you actually understand that this is one grey area which can't be resolved with an arbitrary criterion of purported fairness.

And in fact, if you're going to argue the former, why even be a feminist to begin with? Because you might as well white knight.
This really isn't the killer gotcha you think it is. Recognising that men are generally stronger than women isn't a "position" you can agree or disagree with. It's an objective fact, so it can't be "misogynist." What would be misogynistic would be to use it as the basis for an argument that women shouldn't have the vote, or shouldn't have careers, or should submit to any man who wants to fuck them, or whatever.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This really isn't the killer gotcha you think it is. Recognising that men are generally stronger than women isn't a "position" you can agree or disagree with. It's an objective fact, so it can't be "misogynist." What would be misogynistic would be to use it as the basis for an argument that women shouldn't have the vote, or shouldn't have careers, or should submit to any man who wants to fuck them, or whatever.

Actually that makes your argument even worse.
Firstly: as objective facts can't be misogynist, then someone could quite convincingly argue that men have evolved to be misogynists due to objective facts, and hence misogyny as a cultural construct can be justified on biological grounds. In fact this is the modus operandi of a lot of popular evopsych. Needless to say, I unequivocally reject this argument. But logically, it can be made by people who subscribe to the worldview of Benny and co. It's just that they are hamstrung by liberalism, in a way religious conservatives are not.

secondly: no, it's misogynist to claim they are ipso facto inferior and must be protected and segregated in sports. It is not always the case that sports are based on strength and fairness. Like I said, these arguments always have such a reductive sense of sportsmanship and/or sportswomanship.

Benny Bunter

How many of the current Tottenham women's football team (just to pluck a random example out of the air) would make the first team if there were no sex segregated categories?

mixed_biscuits

Sure, if an incestual birth slips through the net, the chances of difficulties are higher but there are in individual cases non-incestual couplings that would be certain to produce disabled offspring and we don't ban them from doing the do.