music from the last 72 hours

IdleRich

IdleRich
yeah that's the bandcamp blurb but it's such a long, expansive blurb it is effectively like an old school liner note

like quite a few of these 'release rationales', not sure it does the music any favours
Yeah I think I'd like the music to speak for itself more than that allows. Feels like a minimalist modern artwork on the wall of the Tate with a title that amounts to an essay, or a poem with footnote longer than the whole piece

That's not to say you can't write about music in that sort of detail, but maybe not before you've heard it. And I reckon those notes will enrage many more than they draw in...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nah, dreams of being hippie new age travellers are in vogue now. Portuguese hipsters like slowed down goa nonce-ense don't they?

william_kent

nah, dreams of being hippie new age travellers are in vogue now. Portuguese hipsters like slowed down goa nonce-ense don't they?

i may have just deleted another potentially libellous post about the caterwauling cokehead and the nonce guitarist who's last claim to fame is a concept album that sleazy from the throbbing gristle and coil helped out on the design of that has been re-released on its 50th anniversary in a inordinately expensive and redundant box set

but that holden tune, on it's own, it is inoffensive, nay, rubbish, i would have turned it off after a minute otherwise, but when combined with the text, it sent me into a frenzy of anger which i have never experienced before, except for the time when "someone" asked "where were u in 92" and I flew into a rage because I wasn't in a cot with a silver spoon jammed in my mouth... i was "elsewhere"

had to delete several posts, all rants, the text is so wrong on so many levels

hate to think of what "site" would have been like if we had internet back then, i was good at avoiding cameras in 92, but after an evening of watching "van life" / "off grid" videos with my best friend ( who once lived "on site" ) , sort of got to wonder about "content" and "clout"

like who had the longest trickle on the foil? click like, and subscribe, smash that button, game that algorithm

edit; i was trying to be kind here, in my new found spirit of "love", but that Holden tune doesn't grab me, and that's ok, but the accompanying text sends me in to an apolexy that I can barely control

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Giggs always looks like he's having the time of his time of life

Wonder if this is the McDonald's Peckham I used to go in sometimes

wild greens

Jim Legxacy- Homeless N**** Pop Music

Album Playlist -

Pretty self-explanatory title really, young lad from Lewisham making weird disjointed r&b tunes on an old PC while in and out of housing situations, his bird's living room floor, etc
Really mad album i think- drill & grime vocal samples littering the production, e.g. Harlem Spartans ad-libs as percussion, big brooklyn/jersey drill tunes (Old Place) with saccharine vocals on them etc
Quite dark in places, bit schizophrenic, doesn't always quite work but that adds to it. One of the most interesting things I've heard all year

Candy Reign probably still the best tune on it but thats what singles are for eh

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Pretty self-explanatory title really, young lad from Lewisham making weird disjointed r&b tunes on an old PC while in and out of housing situations, his bird's living room floor, etc
She either got a single bed or a bad case of being an ice-cold bitch.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Kneejerk response I don't really like his voice for spem reason but the production is interesting. I had one of his tunes saved on my Spotify must have heard it on nts and I had thought it was a woman singing. (That's not why I dislike his voice lol)

Very very kneejerk though so forgive that