The worst thing you've heard all day

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Music for people who dance in an exaggeratedly wacky way at festivals, to make sure everyone knows what a great and crazy time they're having, while stone-cold sober.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
was unfortunate enough to come across what can only be described as the worst band I've ever heard, or ever will hear. every aesthetic decision is the worst that could possibly be made at every stage, right down to song titles, album covers and clothes. almost fascinating

watch this instagram clip for the short version
@luka @luka @luka

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Somehow I imagine that when Luka was a barista in Melbourne or wherever it was he constantly had this sort of music playing in the background

BY CHOICE

maxi

YaRyNRlzgoXYrxgXaES16ht9Fvm_6pMbAFspv3AverhxzoqYhL2T86xPG8KoZUUj0uI1YKLlig=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

I like how diverse they are as well. my friend said 'yeah it's like they got the village idiot from every village and formed a group together'

maxi

1CD8E21D-901A-4E67-B3B1-D386BB0DF0F6

they're touring north america and people are paying to see them. people are buying this on vinyl, with that cover and title and music. opening the plastic and putting it on the turntable and then just listening to it. maybe even putting it on when people come round. it's amazing

I do get the feeling though that the band, and everyone who listens to them, are probably really nice people though. probably quite boring and slightly irritating to talk to. but like quite nice and sweet. like they have a certain innocence.

does having better taste somehow align with a darker character, a more cynical and beaten down outlook on life? maybe even some trauma? is that what's required to be able to see things properly?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Anne Clarke who did post-punk dance classic Our Darkness? In fact I can recognize her voice oh dear.
Oh that's a shame - I recognized the name too and had been hoping it was someone else who happened to have the same name.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I had that theory once (based on how great quite bland deep house sounds to me when i'm sitting by a pool in cyprus) about your musical taste getting worse the nicer the weather gets. Hence Ibiza.

Probably easily shot down by pointing to the places where the weather is always nice and have produced amazing music.

But it's not just about the weather it's about the unhappiness, which of course there's plenty of in places like Jamaica.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I do also think taste is something you just assume you have the 'good' version of

It's a social, tribal thing to some extent: I watched that video you posted of that swing band and I was cringing all over the place. Enjoying the cringe. And that feels like something instinctive that I would do in front of people I know to assure them I don't like this shit, which i still do alone because I've internalised it.

That's the boring way of lookign at things though I suppose. More fun to just say, this is absolutely toe-curlingly awful and the people who like it are misguided at best.

craner

Beast of Burden
That's the boring way of lookign at things though I suppose. More fun to just say, this is absolutely toe-curlingly awful and the people who like it are misguided at best.

There is also the Thirdform way, which is to mark you for extermination for liking the wrong records.

Aesthetic cleansing rather than ethnic cleansing

maxi

It's a social, tribal thing to some extent: I watched that video you posted of that swing band and I was cringing all over the place. Enjoying the cringe. And that feels like something instinctive that I would do in front of people I know to assure them I don't like this shit, which i still do alone because I've internalised it.
yeah the cringe on that was really fun. when I saw it I immediately showed a friend I was with and I didn't have to say anything, we were just laughing already. social/tribal bonding, on the same wavelength.

If I showed it to someone I'd just met and they were like 'what's the deal, they're alright no?' I'd feel alienated and not sure we could be close friends, as trivial as a random instagram snippet might seem

maxi

I had that theory once (based on how great quite bland deep house sounds to me when i'm sitting by a pool in cyprus) about your musical taste getting worse the nicer the weather gets. Hence Ibiza.
yeah because you're in a great mood. it's like being on a pill and dancing to whatever's there. but imagine the ecstasy if you heard actually great house while sitting by that pool in cyprus

maxi

that said I was by a pool once in gran canaria and the hotel staff were playing this and trying to get everyone to dance, was in a good mood but definitely wasn't feeling it still

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It’s ok to judge people as such

‘Show willing’ is great until it isn’t

That said, if it keeps them sane and they enjoy it who cares, easy to avoid and I almost felt a bit sad for the audience trying to rock out to it, sort of gig Mr Tea could be seen at

(tough performance example to match/outmatch in perfect awfulness, even old bbc sport tv themes aren’t as bad)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That said, if it keeps them sane and they enjoy it who cares, easy to avoid and I almost felt a bit sad for the audience trying to rock out to it, sort of gig Mr Tea could be seen at
Rent. Fucking. Free.

I bet even Wash's therapist is sick of hearing about me by now.