what french resturaunt should woops take his lover to?

DannyL

Wild Horses
Maybe I'm talking out my arse there
La Gavroche
Galvin Bistrot
L'Escargot

But I had to google that, prob 'cos I can't ever afford to go to these places

luka

the french despise vegetables - so does edmund
the french speak french - so does edmund
the french love fags - so does edmund
its a match made in heaven

mind_philip

saw the light
Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester or Helene Darroze at the Connaught if you want all three michelin stars. Darroze's menu looks better and is a tiny bit cheaper.

mind_philip

saw the light
Not eaten at either mind you. The only upmarket french restaurant I ate at was Joel Robuchon, and that closed before the pandemic. Not my tasse de thé.

mvuent

Void Dweller
definitely Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester. the only question is should edmund go with la table Lumiere or salon Prive in his reservation? la table Lumiere is objectively the nicer space but salon Prive evens the odds by arguably having more of the Woops Aesthetic, with its dim lighting and strange dreamlike decor choices.

luka

speaking of the woops aesthetic the only advice id tentatively give is that although
black denim, skate shoes, wallet chain, tie & blazer is your signature aesthetic
it might need tweaking for this particular occassion.

luka

i think i'll go here this evening. can anyone tell me what the most fashionable wine to order would be?
has to be white or orange.

luka

there's two of the obligatory albarinos, one from uruguay which might be a fashionable choice? it's 14% so should get you pissed.

luka

there's this too

Tenuta Grillo Baccabianca has impressive depth and unending expressiveness, with ever-changing and luminous notes of dried apricot, turmeric, Moroccan spices, and braised persimmon.

Baccabianca from Tenuta Grillo, released 10 years or more after harvest, is the perfect example of an incredibly age-worthy and complex natural wine made from a variety that is usually seen in bland and insipid offerings, made to be consumed immediately and with little to no personality. This mind-bogglingly deep orange wine is just the opposite. It’s 100% Cortese, wildly fermented with an extended 60 days skin contact and an even longer elevage in steel, of course with no hint of fining or filtration. Impressive depth and unending expressiveness are key here, with ever-changing and luminous notes of dried apricot, turmeric, Moroccan spices, and braised persimmon.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
i think i'll go here this evening. can anyone tell me what the most fashionable wine to order would be?
has to be white or orange.

stay old word red but there’s a couple of decent Australian reds at the bottom of the reds list which are multi-varietal and thus depths and complexity of flavour may bang hard

i weighed up becoming a sommelier once, a cousin’s cousin was Nick Baile who ran Oddbins, a master of wine but most was learned robbing restaurants down the east coast - happy days

luka

totally off reds at the moment. 'like drinking a beefsteak' according to Dublin pisshead James Joyce.
White wine was like 'drinking lightning'.

luka

what white wines did you drink last night Edmund? I know you started with this Portugese number that might interest @IdleRich at a very reasonable 5 euros a pop.

woops

is not like other people
what white wines did you drink last night Edmund? I know you started with this Portugese number that might interest @IdleRich at a very reasonable 5 euros a pop.
switched to red after that think it was called gamay, or something, then onto punk, kernel etc