Choon of the Day, scraped, the app

william_kent

i clicked on random and got james blake so i sort of ignored that and after a couple more rejects settled on this as worth listening to

Vybz Kartel - Real BadMan (Gaza World Riddim) APRIL 2011 {TJ REC}

so yeah, good work @sufi

sufi

lala
I met up with @woops for a high level summit meeting at Vibes of India off the North Circ last night,
he pointed out that a yt playlist can contain up to 5000 tracks so we should be able make one out of these 4000+ URLs

However, it's very difficult to add multiple tracks to a yt playlist - there are some tools that allow you to do 50 at a time, but that's still quite a pita. I investigated the horrible google api, and that's a possibility, but it's a bit shit &/or i havent figured it out yet

Anyone got a clever idea how we could do that? Here's the list

Attachments

• cotdyt.txt
    182.4 KB · Views: 7

wektor

a yt playlist would also make it easy to actually dl all the trax for the sake of archival, I guess the yt links themselves would do too
tbh were steps away from hosting a choon of the day radio playing yt rips (would probably hold up for longer than yt itself)

catalog

I can't help but I like the idea of having cotd radio. I know people do the Spotify playlists for top 100s but Im not on Spotify. Something that auto converts the yt to mp3 and puts it into a 2 hour soundcloud?

sufi

lala
I can't help but I like the idea of having cotd radio. I know people do the Spotify playlists for top 100s but Im not on Spotify. Something that auto converts the yt to mp3 and puts it into a 2 hour soundcloud?
yes
youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 <video URL>
converts to mp3
& that's a LOT easier than monkeying about with the horrific youtube api, and has the added advantage of not involving youtube

sufi

lala
have added this list to this create a Spotify list here -
there'll be lots of errors in there - but should be 90% accurate
WOW brave work what is spotify?
FEATURE CREEP

i'd like to request the ability to filter based on user name

like, I'm only interested in posts by "X", i.e., @IdleRich, @chava, @thirdform, @WashYourHands, @Leo, @pattycakes_ , @DLaurent, and so on....apologies if I missed you out, I'm on my fourth day of deep rum imbibation and I don't expect you to realise i'm fucked and can't wrerekkkioidfdvfv232w4897 recall iujguuvufgy
that would be another scrape but maybe

mixed_biscuits