craner

Beast of Burden
@craner

On Iran-Contra, Gladio and so on, I brought them up in response to you saying you have a low tolerance for conspiracy stuff generally too.

Surely learning about that stuff has to shift your thinking on it somewhat? I get it if you mean people like Alex Jones and the kind of thing Luka sends to wind you up, but the stuff I'm talking about also falls under that banner and you've acknowledged some of it as historical fact.

I specifically meant the 9/11 theories with that comment. I don't dismiss all conspiracy theories out of hand because there are conspiracies, obviously. I don't think it's that hard to make a judgement on the credibility gaps, unless you want it to be for some reason.

version

I specifically meant the 9/11 theories with that comment. I don't dismiss all conspiracy theories out of hand because there are conspiracies, obviously. I don't think it's that hard to make a judgement on the credibility gaps, unless you want it to be for some reason.
Ah, fair enough. I think we're in roughly the same boat then, I'm just more paranoid and have a higher tolerance for silliness.

linebaugh

Id still like to know what @craner thinks.

I'm basically where verge is at. Maybe just slightly more in the luka zone. I think the Pentagon is very suspect, but, dead to rights, I also havent bothered to look into too much.

version

Britain hasn’t had a Kennedy or 9/11 so they haven’t burrowed their way into our subconscious in the same way they would have if these events occurred domestically.
This is a good point. They're very American, modern conspiracy theories. I don't think it's just down to the events themselves though. The nation was founded on resistance to an authority.

linebaugh

No, not really. It's certainly contributed to a cumulative skepticism when it comes to institutions and official narratives though.
It doesnt even have to take a conspiratorial angle. We spent the decade prior openly bombing Iraq into famine. 5000 dead in new York really doest seem that implausible if were just looking at capacity-to-do-evil

linebaugh

This forum used to be pretty stupid when it came to politics but I think it's getting worse.
It isnt necessarily a political subject. I just want to know youre relationship to the official story regarding 9/11, as much as that can be detached from whatever ideological veiws you have

luka

I dont think it's even controversial to say that outside violence in Iraq prior to the war in 2003 and subsequent sanctions contributed to the famine state it was in
i dont think you realise just how outre craners politics are

craner

Beast of Burden
I dont think it's even controversial to say that outside violence in Iraq prior to the war in 2003 and subsequent sanctions contributed to the famine state it was in

It might not be controversial, but it's wrong. Most of the violence in Iraq in the 1990s was internal and perpetrated by the Ba'ath regime. This combined with UN sanctions contributed to the destruction of the country. The only bombs America dropped on Iraq occurred during Operation Desert Fox in 1998 which hit military and security targets.

craner

Beast of Burden
It isnt necessarily a political subject. I just want to know youre relationship to the official story regarding 9/11, as much as that can be detached from whatever ideological veiws you have

Well, I belong to a top secret organisation called the Ravelstein Foundation who pay me to write propaganda.