Make It Witchy! Ithell, Rosaleen, Leonara, Hilma, Marina, etc.,

william_kent

We've got a thread for Austin Osman Spare who "claims" a witchy connect via "Mrs Patterson"

but what about the real witchy art?

basically I wanted to post the latest Dr Martens collection inspired by Ithell Colquhoun in conjunction with the Tate

1696024913200.png

"Volcano Flare"

and maybe I can gripe about the Fulgar Press reproduction of Ithell's tarot deck

TAC4.jpg

which when I received it was missing the 3 of swords and the 'little white book" and the hand crafted scent and when i complained they said "yeah, we'll send the missing card' and never did, and what the fuck use is a tarot deck consisting of 77 cards? shoddy

william_kent

although I have to say that the Fulgar Press reproduction of the Leonara Carrington Major Arcana was superb, and it smelt lovely due to the hand crafted scent

Leonora-Carrington%E2%80%94TheFool%E2%80%94Copyright-Estate-of-Leonora-Carrington_ARS-New-York.-Courtesy-of-FULGUR-PRESS-1.jpg

supposed to be reissued soon, I've not being paying attention because I've got a first edition, but a lovely tarot

last year I was supposed to be buying xmas presents, but instead I came home with this expensive art book:

9788417975999-uk.jpg

fuck you friends

william_kent

in my first post in this thread you can see the Fulgar Press "impression" of what you'll receive when you buy the Ithell Colquhoun "Taro As Colour" deck

promises a "little white book" with golden print

and compare that with what I received:

1696029549667.png

2 bits of sheets of rough cut paper featuring out of focus black text, not a LWB in my opinion

"ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

and it was missing a card, i'm still pissed off about this

edit: I've probably signed my death sentence, again, LOL. #magickal feuds

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Not followed tarot. Personally enjoy reading through their lives and works while image searching in tandem. Tangent and blurrier than wanted but varied reads, the former has acres of source material but a meandering writer, the second is far more focused and worth finding but you have to image search in the background to get a truer read of colour

both have a myriad of analytical explorations pertinent to the folks concerned

IMG_1083.jpeg
IMG_1082.jpeg

Unica Zurn, add Cold Spring and Man of Jasmine, Remedios Varo’s images can be relied on to tap into the uncanny too

Leonora Carrington - Surrealism, Alchemy and Art recommended, Down Below too is a searing depiction of bedlam disguised as ‘asylum’. She’s a constant presence in ‘Max Ernst and Alchemy: A Magician in Search of Myth’ bleeding into his work

william_kent

Not followed tarot. Personally enjoy reading through their lives and works while image searching in tandem. Tangent and blurrier than wanted but varied reads, the former has acres of source material but a meandering writer, the second is far more focused and worth finding but you have to image search in the background to get a truer read of colour

both have a myriad of analytical explorations pertinent to the folks concerned

View attachment 16272
View attachment 16273

Unica Zurn, add Cold Spring and Man of Jasmine, Remedios Varo’s images can be relied on to tap into the uncanny too

Leonora Carrington - Surrealism, Alchemy and Art recommended, Down Below too is a searing depiction of bedlam disguised as ‘asylum’. She’s a constant presence in ‘Max Ernst and Alchemy: A Magician in Search of Myth’ bleeding into his work

I forgot to mention Remedios in the thread title, but she is top tier

I had a good run on Midjourney AI when I tried to generate Tarot cards "in the style of"

0_0.png

Wheel of Fortune - ATU X - "in the style of" Remedios Varo ( generated by William_Kent on Midjourney )

mind_philip

saw the light
Not got any of the Fulgur Tarot decks (isn't someone bringing out an edition of Spare's deck soon?) but I did get their Parsons/Cameron "Songs for the Witch Woman" before it went out of print/trebled in price.

william_kent

Not got any of the Fulgur Tarot decks (isn't someone bringing out an edition of Spare's deck soon?) but I did get their Parsons/Cameron "Songs for the Witch Woman" before it went out of print/trebled in price.

Strange Attractor are bringing out the Spare deck - it was a kickstarter, and it was supposed to be sent out "Summer '23", but the cards are still at the printers according to the latest update

b6f8142db07a1dea03aa406a174f0ab0_original.jpg

they may still be accepting orders

william_kent

for UK viewers and VPN users

Leonara Carrington - The Lost Surrealist is being repeated on BBC iPlayer

British surrealist Leonora Carrington was a key part of the surrealist movement during its heyday in Paris and yet, until recently, remained a virtual unknown in the country of her birth. This film explores her dramatic evolution from British debutante to artist in exile, living out her days in Mexico City, and takes us on a journey into her darkly strange and cinematic world.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This thread popped up in front of my eyes and it's perfect timing cos I just read a couple of very scary tales on FB. I wanted to share these with dissensus but wasn't exactly sure where... I hope you don't mind my adding them here WK?

A warning though, seriously, don't read these if it's dark and you're alone in the house...

FB_IMG_1697055929901.jpg

FB_IMG_1697055867857.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
I just cannot get the chilling phrase "man door hand hook car door" out of my mind. Sounds like Trump trying to pass a cognitive test.

mind_philip

saw the light
Just ordered the reprinted Carrington deck from Fulgur - got the pre-order email earlier this week. Also Strange Attractor claim the Spare deck will ship in late Feb, so will probably pre-order that too.