The eames lounge chair

linebaugh

I like that it can be made at home in various levels of sophistication. I like that it makes leisure feel like something to be taken seriously.

version

It being in two pieces is a little disconcerting, like it's in the process of disappearing. A deconstructed chair.

version

It's obvious that the way to climb out of it is to take your legs off the stool and just stand up, but I'm sure plenty of people over the years have awkwardly tried to roll out of it or sit forward with their legs up.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
and you have to assemble it too

Drew Pritchard only buys intact/complete furniture and chairs or gets his weirdo assistant to do it all off-camera ie cheats. Drew Pritchard is a fountain of design insights (some say a savant) who no doubt owns one such design classic, shame his wife is a bit rough looks like a problem drinker

everything of worth has been destroyed by the kids anyway - chairs, records, laptops, pictures, a great-grandfather’s dining table, an indigenous figurine come doorstop from New England - hence Shed as escape box, enjoy your non chewing-gummed design classic while you still can

linebaugh

The worlds other most popular chair is the togo chair. Very different but as much a thing. Two types of people

Shullsburg+Bean+Bag+Chair+&+Lounger.jpg

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i think it looks a bit dumb and aggressive the eames chair, like one of those luxurious leather office chairs for ceo managers, except the chair is fatter and wider. that togo chair on the other hand looks very cosy and non-threatening.

linebaugh

Yes thats kind of the gross conceit of the eames chair. Its a power chair. Its so foward about being coupled with some sort of activity its almost like youve set up a bench press in the middle of your living room.