wild greens

To answer genuinely i think its become quite functional music especially if you're using the streaming stuff. I got rid of them but when i had apple music I'd just let the playlists go for days on the motorway, tune after tune, no idea what any of them were. It was great but it becomes background music, a lot of it is now

The Potter Payper album is the only one that's really hung around for me in last six months, maybe that mad Veeze one but only for the beats. Loads of good Philly stuff about but it's too nihilist thread for the pending summer

kid charlemagne

These OGs 'round me real veterans (facts)
My shooters real reckless, it take a lot for me to feel threatened (n*gga)
In interviews, they askin' real questions (like what?)
Like, "Is you still hustlin'? In videos, you usin' real weapons?" (no comment)
If it's time to clip you, we the ones to move
I got the call about it before I seen it on the news (ah)
Light brown interior, the seats peanut butter too
The whole gang be doin' life if we leave it up to you (uh, you a rat, n*gga)

germaphobian

Country's what's in now. Beyonce just released a country album, Lana Del Rey's releasing one, Rihanna's just done a cowgirl shoot for one of the fashion mags, Post Malone's doing music with Luke Combs.

Some people think it's part of a broader shift away from black culture in America as a second Trump term looms, the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, big-boobed Sydney Sweeney becomes the new It Girl, Kylie Jenner leaves Travis Scott for Timothee Chalamet and Kanye becomes a neo-Nazi and starts wearing Burzum gear. You could probably find a load of examples to counter that claim, mind you.
Wise old man has a video about this:

ghost

Yeah but all that shit that that lot at that level do is a quick flash in the pan and then they move on. Like Bey was all about house for 5mins... It's whatever. Everythings basically dead at this point.
I actually thought the Drake house album is a classic, by far his best since More Life, and ultimately stronger than that too. But that was 2022

ghost

Country's what's in now. Beyonce just released a country album, Lana Del Rey's releasing one, Rihanna's just done a cowgirl shoot for one of the fashion mags, Post Malone's doing music with Luke Combs.

Some people think it's part of a broader shift away from black culture in America as a second Trump term looms, the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, big-boobed Sydney Sweeney becomes the new It Girl, Kylie Jenner leaves Travis Scott for Timothee Chalamet and Kanye becomes a neo-Nazi and starts wearing Burzum gear. You could probably find a load of examples to counter that claim, mind you.
only explanation in the thread that doesn't explain why pop has kept producing good new stuff as rap hasn't

linebaugh

As corpsey said theres plenty of stuff thats fine but nothing really exciting. Seems whats new is the bay area influenced, overly ennunciated and slightly off beat quasi comedy rap that RXK Nephew is at the head of. Seems like most of it xomes out of michigan

linebaugh

the last thing I found fresh and exciting was playboi carti and around the same time pop smoke

but I feel like it's crying out for a total rehaul in production. like a radically different machine with entirely new sounds, finally putting to bed the trap sound palette. at least for me to get that interested again probably.
This is how I feel. Wild that no one has even really tried to do what pop smoke was doing since he passed.

The new playboi carti song a few months ago I thought was great and maybe a new direction of 'bladee but listenable' but the songs he released after I wasnt huge on and now hes gone silent again