DannyL

Wild Horses
I blame this thread on the twin Eclipses. There's one still to come on Monday, it should fade out after then, though I find it hard to believe this level of vitriol will be sustained all weekend.

Ian Scuffling

Missed this thread for crunch time on dissertation work. Wanted to jump in because I was thinking about this myself the last few days, but I would say my rage, which is potent lately, comes from a lack of ability to understand the capacity for cruelty that seems to be increasing exponentially in the political elite. Gaza being the obvious example, but this also came about looking at new policies on homelessness and drug crime back in my home state. The rage, for me, I suppose comes out of difficulty accepting these new lessons in the depths of human depravity and the final confirmation that even the total exposure of these crimes through the internet has not given the public the power to stop them, as we once thought (or at least some did, I couldn't read when it seems this hope still existed). I am enraged by mass castration. We truly do live in an emasculated society 😞

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
feels like a stupid argument to get into, but no i don't think so, considering the sheer amount of civilians, women and children mainly, that have been killed in such a short amount of time. and what makes it even more enraging, is the fact that almost the entire western world is watching it unfold, its leaders supporting it even. in fact, protesting it might even get you put under surveillance or intimidated by the state.

martin

----
_65425641_65424942.jpg

Remember this advert? Used to fill me with rage actually
Calm down, dear.

martin

----
I was hoping you might have a story about drinking with Michael Winner in some now demolished Soho dive bar
Sadly not...but I once accompanied my frail mother to Xmas Eve midnight mass and some old duffer barged into her in the line for communion, and I had to be held back from breaking his walking stick across his baldy head and ramming both pieces up his fucking arse, the cunt 🤬👊

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Really? I mean, it is really bad there, but isn't Ukraine the truly obvious example?
In terms of absolute death toll so far, obviously Ukraine is worse - although it's been going on for over two years now, and most of the deaths have been soldiers on the invading side.

In terms of how much worse it could get, again, Ukraine is worse, since it pits nuclear powers against each other.

In terms of devastation of a civilian population, Gaza looks (from my POV) to be a lot worse. About 1.5% of the population has been killed already - most of them civilians - about twice that many injured, and nearly all of them are now refugees with nowhere to go except to other parts of Gaza, where they're still enormously at risk.

germaphobian

In terms of absolute death toll so far, obviously Ukraine is worse - although it's been going on for over two years now, and most of the deaths have been soldiers on the invading side.

In terms of how much worse it could get, again, Ukraine is worse, since it pits nuclear powers against each other.

In terms of devastation of a civilian population, Gaza looks (from my POV) to be a lot worse. About 1.5% of the population has been killed already - most of them civilians - about twice that many injured, and nearly all of them are now refugees with nowhere to go except to other parts of Gaza, where they're still enormously at risk.

Yeah, really terrible. I used to be more pro-Israel when it all began, but now it's getting really hard to justify that madness in any way.
In Ukraine there at least seems to be two armies fighting each other to an extent, no just random bombing of civilian population (although that happens too).

germaphobian

Yeah, really terrible. I used to be more pro-Israel when it all began, but now it's getting really hard to justify that madness in any way.
In Ukraine there at least seems to be two armies fighting each other to an extent, no just random bombing of civilian population (although that happens too).

I would add though that Gaza wouldn't have happened without Ukraine. That really is the improtant bit in my mind. Many people, especially in the West, don't grasp that connection. They think it's paranoia and conspiracy.