your boomer canon

luka

we did a thread about how they are the archetypal cd band. today it all sounds lame. but tomorrow it will be different

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
basically cus they're white northern lads who cosplay about being the most oppressed and deprived people to have ever existed boomers love them.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the yanks rightly see them as a bunch of whiney art ponces. they get that right for that band. Not so much for the Cure though.

0bleak

i quite rated them, too, actually

Humid, hot summer day in the south... you and other neighborhood kids piled into the back of a pick-up truck owned by one of the kid's moms taking you all to the swimming pool - oh, look, there's a couple of young women there suntanning with their tops off. unfortunately, facing the wrong direction - I wonder if they will turn over... hmm, I guess no such luck.
blasting on transistor radios next to them

other_life

bioconfused
my boomer canon? Sometimes I wonder if I'm still alive, I'm six foot down at age twentyfive - Maxwell leather dæmon luck handjive. I came down like water

other_life

bioconfused
all my really favorite boomer music was primarily made and listened to by the boomers who died of AIDS or living clandestine lives