Piano riddims

Benny Bunter

@wild greens @luka What's the name of that old Jammer-produced (I think) hip hop style piano riddim from the early grime days that had loads of MCs doing versions? Not sure if it even came out in any form, but it's featured on some old radio session.

Was thinking of Battlefield. Might not even be a piano, it's hard to tell cos it's so clipped, but that's how I hear it

0bleak

a couple tracks from the same rare 12"

sampling from a track close in style

to:

one much further way:

to:

0bleak

^all just for you @Benny Bunter
I don't necessarily endorse any of the above.
For me at the time, that kind of "hardcore" was enjoyed by dilettantes, fashion followers/victims, candy-ravers that need a constant sugar rush, and those that espoused the fake PLUR ideology (kind of similar to the fake wokeness of today where the same people that had shit on disabled people before are suddenly enlightened, but then make assumptions about me because I'm a white guy even though they always had a much easier time with things).

Benny Bunter

"Frankie Bones is recognized to have spread the idea of Peace, Love, Unity and Respect (PLUR) into rave culture.[3][2] Supposedly in response to a fight that broke out at one of his Storm Raves in Brooklyn in June 1993, Bones is said to have got on the microphone and yelled: "If you don't start showing some peace, love, and unity, I'll break your faces."[17

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
^all just for you @Benny Bunter
I don't necessarily endorse any of the above.
For me at the time, that kind of "hardcore" was enjoyed by dilettantes, fashion followers/victims, candy-ravers that need a constant sugar rush, and those that espoused the fake PLUR ideology (kind of similar to the fake wokeness of today where the same people that had shit on disabled people before are suddenly enlightened, but then make assumptions about me because I'm a white guy even though they always had a much easier time with things).

It's complicated.

In the UK at least that stuff got played in the same dj sets as the harder hardcore/embrionic jungle.

I like my piano hardcore with a bit of grit.

There was a real fork in the road circa 1993, where things split three ways. before that they all got played together in varying ratios.