Symphonic Soul

0bleak

^ That's a Syl Johnson production team and backing band
this isn't as symphonic as that:

This is Not symphonic, but the most famous Syl Johnson track:

Wikipedia:
"The single's success led to an extended version becoming the title track on Johnson's 1970 album, described in one source as "the first black concept album", released over a year before Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. However, the album failed to sell in large numbers,[7] which Johnson put down to its lack of marketability to a white audience.[3] The song "Is It Because I'm Black" was later recorded by singers Ken Boothe and Delroy Wilson in Jamaica, and Johnson's recording has been sampled by musicians including the Wu-Tang Clan.[4]"

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Spiritual jazz/modern soul crossover that just builds and builds. A rare and expensive record even by the standards of this sort of thing:

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Not really symphonic (more of a post-psychedelic basement trip) but I'll take any excuse to post this, a similarly rare and expensive record that I do actually own:

william_kent

The Dramatics – In The Rain

environmental ambience, guitar twang via delay, harmony, strings! more geetaaar twang!

"LET ME GO!" "IN THE RAIN!"

"it may sound crazy.."

BUT

"I want to go outside in the rain"

william_kent

Barry White - Love Serenade ( pt 1 & 2 )

"TAAAKE It OFF _ BAABBY TAKE IT ALLLL .....OFF:"

"I want you the way you came into the world'

"I don't want to feel no clothes"

"I don't want to see no panties"

edit: yuck, etc\

edit: BAZZA IS OG

"make me want you!'

"HEAVEN ONLY KNOWS WHAT GOES BEYOND CLOSED DOORS"

"TEMPT ME!"

"MAKE ME LOOOOOONG FOR YOU!"

.. man and and woman...

..help me...

Etc

edit: YUCK

edit: I'm too drunk due to @WashYourHands and his enabling chitter chatter but Bazza is OG but certainly problematic, etc

edit: I'm probably referencing too many 1992 Hulme cr vhgyrt6yr

"in jokes"

edit: Barry White's autobiography is the tale of a true G, lol

william_kent

In the beginning God said "Let there be Light" and there was Light.
Now there has come another Great Time that the world has been waiting for.
I knew the day would come when all his talents would be combined into one, such as writing, arranging, producing and his singing ability. Also his great touch and feel for his various musical instruments he plays.
Yes, the day I'm talking about is this day, that Barry White hits the nation with his Greatest Hits album.

edit: ^ that was his wife bigging Barry up

william_kent

In the beginning God said "Let there be Light" and there was Light.
Now there has come another Great Time that the world has been waiting for.
I knew the day would come when all his talents would be combined into one, such as writing, arranging, producing and his singing ability. Also his great touch and feel for his various musical instruments he plays.
Yes, the day I'm talking about is this day, that Barry White hits the nation with his Greatest Hits album.

edit: ^ that was his wife bigging Barry up

I bought that album his wife bangs on about for 90p in a charity shop in Chester and it is an amazing LP, a treasured possession, etc