WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
and it has to out weird a Hummer because Elron wants to imprint jolly but heteronormative values throughout its design

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Britain doesn’t really understand trucks @linebaugh , we subsist with white van mans and parking restrictions dissuade taking a 4x4 Ulrika into central city hubs

notes of Buck Rogers but brutalist retro futuristic heft across its bodywork angles, part shit Chrysler with even less torque

IMG_5217.jpeg

by comparison, after generations of radical transport design and innovation, plucky Britain‘s engineering arc peaked when the Sinclair c5 was conjured, fuck using such a death trap in the snow

IMG_5216.jpeg

mixed_biscuits

It has the same issue many futuristic minimalist looking things do in that it’s always going to look out of place and stupid on the cracked concrete covered in piss shit and grime driving past the exxon station and kebab spot but in a vacuum ya I think it looks kinda cool
In a vacuum you'd have more problems than worrying about whether your car looks cool, like your guts coming out of your throat for instance.

mixed_biscuits

What we didn't expect was that cars of the future wouldn't look minimalist and sleek but bulbous and tumorific with a thousand counter-intuitively aerodynamic contours going on as CAD and improved manufacturing technology have meant that makers would show off by making the extreme anti-sleekness that was hitherto infeasible. If your car is sleek it suggests that your stuck with the rudimentary tech that constrained even the crazy sports car prototypes of yesteryear.

no it's the dumbest thing i can think
GRgWp5nXMAAQfh1

IdleRich

IdleRich
Maybe it's late in the day (thread) to be asking but, what does it do? I'm assuming it's electric like the Tesla car, and it's bigger so it's to be compared with an SUV type thing, and it looks stupid/supercool - is that it?

Don't say anything technical or with numbers and actual spec but is it broadly comparable with other SUV truck type things it's competing with?

catalog

True test is when we start seeing them on the school run but this does feel like an unprecedented next step from big white SUVs.

I was thinking day, as I crossed the road, and a red land rover climbed thd pavement to avoid another car, like it was a tank, that we as humans cant get bigger or add armour to ourselves, so we're doing it to the cars.

IdleRich

IdleRich
We will be able to soon I'm sure.
What's it like inside, hopefully not just like any other car.
Love it or hate it it does show up the conservatism of car design. It looks strikingly weird and different, but isn't that mainly cos all other cars look essentially lthe same?

IdleRich

IdleRich
We will be able to soon I'm sure.
What's it like inside, hopefully not just like any other car.
Love it or hate it it does show up the conservatism of car design. It looks strikingly weird and different, but isn't that mainly cos all other cars look essentially lthe same?
Modern car design I should say, I think has become more conservative. This looks like a fatter Aston Martin Bulldog and probably loads of other cars from that era.