chappell roan, charlie xcx, sabrina carpenter, billie eilish - malevolent or benign

version

y.jpg

linebaugh

shes started using a 'bri'ish' voice that no one british person uses, instead its an americans impersonation of a british accent. quite odd.
Ya I was actually very surprised to learn she was British, I thought she was American doing the voice

rubberdingyrapids

sympathy like a knife and everything is romantic are prob two of the best brat songs. girl so confusing has that kind of delivery i hoped had been left in the 00s.

i find it odd that even a 'universal' pop banger like espresso has lines like 'I can't relate to desperation/My 'give-a-fucks' are on vacation' but popstars trying to be edgy is not that new i suppose. its just weird how that has become so normal.

shakahislop

it's all remarkably sexually explicit for music which i would have assumed was mostly for 12 year old girls

shakahislop

new sabrina carpenter - obviously i follow her extremely closely - is chilling. pure malevolence. psychological destruction.

shakahislop

always has been and always will be interesting to see who gets to get away with saying nasty shit. and that there's always an appetite for it. some avenues get shut down. others open up. it squirms into a different outlet

Mr. Naga Pickle

hot girl summer
white boy summer
brat summer

it's smart to claim the summer as soon as possible and ride that publicity wave, wonder what kind of summer we'll get 2025
actually it is Good Hole Summer and it will always and forever be Good Hole SUmmer:

ghost

Jesus was a carpenter, as they say.

Charli is the best possible person to get massively overexposed by a hype cycle. It doesn't mean it's good (nothing should blanket reality like this) but it's at least tolerable; I think there were some bangers on that one, although it's long since time to call it off. Everything is Romantic is a strong track; Apple is imo the weakest, bait for people who don't actually like music. I still think Von Dutch is underrated, the Girardian core of the album.

I've liked a lot of Roan and Eilish's production in the past but I can't bear to listen to another of their albums; I think I've got something of an addiction to the "minor poets" of our time that is hard to justify, frankly. I am some sort of counterindicator of what will pop off, and I have embraced my role.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I asked my brother's daughter (8 years old) if she was having a brat summer but she had no idea what I meant.

Private Eye does though

1000003204.jpg