dilbert1

I forgot I also had a friend who considered it for clinical therapy, and he somehow won some beta-testing lottery or was selected for free treatment, but the lax and unsupervised manner in which they were going to administer a large amount of it made him back out at the last minute

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

intriguing how he let certain patients sketch right out and left them to pull through on their own

0bleak

I forgot I also had a friend who considered it for clinical therapeutic therapy, and he somehow won some beta-testing lottery or was selected for free treatment, but the lax and unsupervised manner in which they were going to administer a large amount of it made him back out at the last minute

It was going to cost me thousands of dollars with no guarantee of success, or how long it would last after the ~6 week treatment.
Although now I've been inspired to look around again - it looks like there's home ketamine therapy and microdosing home therapy - I might have to look into that!

sus

Terrible drug. The most impotent of the dissociatives. Vastly inferior to MXE, DCK, or any of the PCPs/PCEs.

Lasts just an hour, requires you to snort or boof massive amounts of powder, IV the only reasonable ROI but that requires a real setup.

sus

I always thought 3-MEO had the potential to become the LSD of the 2020s but hasn't happened yet, even with the disso hypewave in Mannahhatto

sus

That said, the disso class in general is just magic, love dissos, ket just happens to be the least interesting one of the bunch.

sus

I’m such a noob that I had no clue about your street pharmacist side, Gus. The pieces are really coming together
Oh yeah went through the ringer in my youth, racked up a near-triple-digit chem count, even got full-blown morphine hooked for a few months in college. An experiment—wanted to see what withdrawals were like and besides, a friend T-24hrs from bust knew they were closing in, needed to dump his supplies at wholesale price for cash & I pounced. Unfortunately, timed things concurrent with midterms—didn't do so well on my English Modernism exam.

linebaugh

Terrible drug. The most impotent of the dissociatives. Vastly inferior to MXE, DCK, or any of the PCPs/PCEs.

Lasts just an hour, requires you to snort or boof massive amounts of powder, IV the only reasonable ROI but that requires a real setup.
The times I've done it seems like you barely have to snort any? Also many a horror story about people confusing their ket with coke and taking coke sized lines and having an awful time. Have only done it 3 times though

linebaugh

Oh yeah went through the ringer in my youth, racked up a near-triple-digit chem count, even got full-blown morphine hooked for a few months in college. An experiment—wanted to see what withdrawals were like and besides, a friend T-24hrs from bust knew they were closing in, needed to dump his supplies at wholesale price for cash & I pounced. Unfortunately, timed things concurrent with midterms—didn't do so well on my English Modernism exam.
Do you still have access to all this? Can you bring some to Chicago?

sus

The times I've done it seems like you barely have to snort any? Also many a horror story about people confusing their ket with coke and taking coke sized lines and having an awful time. Have only done it 3 times though
Isn't it like 100mg for a strong dose? Whenever I've done less (40-60mg) I don't feel much. Maybe I haven't had good stuff. Anyway for comparison, the 3MEO is a 5-15mg range from light to strong—the smallest of bumps. This probably makes it dangerous as a street drug—not as bad as fent, but still, you can easily get yourself institutionalized if you form a coke-sized bump and don't own a scale.

linebaugh

Isn't it like 100mg for a strong dose? Whenever I've done less (40-60mg) I don't feel much. Maybe I haven't had good stuff. Anyway for comparison, the 3MEO is a 5-15mg range from light to strong—the smallest of bumps. This probably makes it dangerous as a street drug—not as bad as fent, but still, you can easily get yourself institutionalized if you form a coke-sized bump and don't own a scale.
Don't really know what 100mg looks like, but in my other limited experience with nose drugs- coke and crushing up pills- kets dosages seemed minuscule

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Shame it was a Modernism module. If it had been a unit on Decadent Romanticism, I'd have thought a morphine habit would be positively advantageous.

sus

It will be so legendary that in the future, Dissensus will be remembered as "the PCP board." And then Wikipedia visitors, reading about our antics, will be delighted to learn that Mark Fisher once also graced these pages!