Benny Bunter

Minutes to Go is cool. I'd like to see more of Gysin's stuff.

There's a section in Ticket that references him a lot, a sort of exhibition with lights and projections and magnetic installations, you can imagine it as a nightclub or a rave almost

version

Someone put me onto a Frenchman called Jacques Dupin today. Just reading through a selection Paul Auster put together. Not bowled over by it, but there's been the odd line or two. A lot of talk of fire and lightning and shattering and stone, which I tend to like.

61-hhm6lvGL._SL1181_.jpg

"Outside, charnel-houses fill the beds of rivers lost beneath the
earth. The rock, stripped of its foliage, is sister of the cleaving
sky. Event precedes prediction, bird attacks bird. Inside, under
the earth, my hands are grinding colors that have hardly begun."

"When walking becomes impossible, it is the foot that shatters,
not the path."

"l inscribe the duplication of the imprint through time — imprint
of the twin narrative thwarted . . . in my haste I confuse the flight
of the sparrowhawk with the mechanics of a catapult —"

"Lit up by the fever, a whole crumbled future runs through his
fingers, covers him, sinks him in the sand —"

Screenshot from 2024-09-16 21-03-06.png

Benny Bunter

There've been a few moments reading this bloke where I've thought of Burroughs, actually. Not necessarily in the sense of them sounding alike, just in terms of certain themes, certain images.

View attachment 20171

View attachment 20170
INTERVIEWER: Have you been able to think for any length of time in images, with the inner voice silent?

BURROUGHS : I'm becoming more proficient at it, partly through my work with scrapbooks and translating the connections between words and images. Try this: Carefully memorize the meaning of a passage, then read it; you'll find you can actually read it without the words' making any sound whatever in the mind's ear. Extraordinary experience, and one that will carry over into dreams. When you start thinking in images, without words, you're well on the way.

INTERVIEWER: Why is the wordless state so desirable?

BURROUGHS: I think it's the evolutionary trend. I think that words are an around-the-world, ox-cart way of doing things, awkward instruments, and they will be laid aside eventually, probably sooner than we think.

Benny Bunter

Not really sure cos I've never even heard of him before, but from what you've posted maybe this Dupin guy is expressing a similar desire to that of Burroughs to escape the body, and it's the word that's holding us back.

Benny Bunter

Words/names as inscripted signs on a page that, to Burroughs and Dupin, get in the way of the pure image. A barrier that Burroughs thinks we'll eventually evolve out of.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Not meaning to YT up the gaff while YTing up the gaff, Mr Ugly Spirit presenced as the bomb as opposed to definitive statements on Islamic scholarship, ritual continuity or eastern philosophy

Narration on The Process, brotherhoods, Hasan-i Sabbah, lore/law, Genet’s pederasty and BG witters on after but the meat of the idea is fleshed out fully

version

Not meaning to YT up the gaff while YTing up the gaff, Mr Ugly Spirit presenced as the bomb as opposed to definitive statements on Islamic scholarship, ritual continuity or eastern philosophy

Narration on The Process, brotherhoods, Hasan-i Sabbah, lore/law, Genet’s pederasty and BG witters on after but the meat of the idea is fleshed out fully

Good voice.