Baldelli Tracks

bruno

est malade
a challenge: help me id this, many thanks in advance! apologies if this isn't the appropriate place, i'm desperate.

MankyFiver

not a bloody clue! its all messed up

try posting it at djhistory.com in their id tracks section, bound to be someone there who knows

bruno

est malade
terrific, isn't it! i can't be bothered to join another forum so i'll leave it as that, a mystery.

bruno

est malade
not to my knowledge. the famous baldelli mix page has been dead for a while now. i'll up it here if you're patient (my upload is terrible).

Chris

fractured oscillations
That would be much appreciatied, thanks. Yeah, I've been searching those links for Baldelli mixes for a while now, but to no avail.

dominic

Beast of Burden
i was checking to see if there was already a thread about "whatever we want" records and came across the baldelli thread, so i thought i'd resurrect the topic . . . .

so what's the deal with this label? they're based in brooklyn and yet all their distribution is in europe evidently? is this a cheap indie rock ploy to achieve cult status?

i have the new quiet village 12" and the map of africa lp on order. how ridiculous!

quiet village appears with inflagranti on the black devil disco club album, and inflagranti just happen to be veterans of the original baldelli cosmic rock scene

another cosmic rock veteran in new york is zeb -- he was like a 12-year-old gypsy guitar whiz kid shooting heroin and going to baldelli's parties

so you know it all circles back somehow

in any case, how do people rate quiet village?

i think "circus of horror" should work nicely in the same set as as this record by the crazy gang

Woebot

in any case, how do people rate quiet village?[/url]

they probably need their own thread. they are another hauntological car-boot disco manifestation.

i like the stuff and i have met joel around town. BUT sometimes i think their surfaces are a bit too perfect. you'd have to hear the music to know what i mean.

echevarian

babylon sister
Wish I did, the only two tracks I recognize are the Donna Summer one at the beginning.

And then the Grace Jones about 2/3 of the way through.

The Donna Summer is State of Independence, written by Vangelis, produced by Quincy Jones.

He's got it pitched up, sounds like Madonna for some reason.