GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

not too into the hip hop sounding tracks at the start of logans show but that tinchy track and the beat of the ghetto one stageshow don one are excellent. the beats on all these tracks are good from here on out actually (black the ripper, lethal bizzle etc). this p money track really needs to be released asap. he reminds me of early doogz.

Last edited:

Ach!

Turd on the Run
They were just in the audience. It'll probably be on youtube before the week's out.

Btw, I was going on about a couple of tracks that were on a Newham Generals set from a few weeks back, but if any of you know more about the tracks posted HERE then I'd be grateful for your input.

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
not too into the hip hop sounding tracks at the start of logans show but that tinchy track and the beat of the ghetto one stageshow don one are excellent. the beats on all these tracks are good from here on out actually (black the ripper, lethal bizzle etc). this p money track really needs to be released asap. he reminds me of early doogz.

Hip Hop sounding tracks?

:slanted:

even I might have to stop being a recluse for that

*peeks out of curtains*

just wanted to say it's Hadouken's! birthday according to the frontpage

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:confused:

spryo has been big for the longest...and now there's mc's on his show it's going even more off

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Spyro IS NOT the new Slimzee in any way shape or form. No one is the new Slimzee. All of the qualities you remarked about Slimzee are not why Spyro is big.

Spyro is the new Mak 10 in terms of technical mixing ability.

gumdrops

i listened to 2 spyro shows yesterday - he seems to have a more critical ear for quality than karnage or maximum do lately and seems to mix better than both but i didnt really detect much similar in terms of his taste to slimzee. tubby and plastician are closer to playing the type of sound slimzee would play (although im not sure if slimzee would back dubstep as much as either).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'M SO GLAD DOOGZ/GOODZ IS BACK!

he totally ripped that show - man I'm so haps

that 'real talk' tune is a lot...so much invention on the oter tracks...I never thought the best could get better

BUT (and it's Guerra like)

he really thinks Titch is innocent? he's going on like it was a conspiracy...we all know Titch was a bit wild on road...maybe being inside will do him good (kweli: "getting knowledge in jail like a blessing in disguise") - he's found God now so...it's a start

but why does Doogz/Goodz still occasionally rhyme about pulling triggers if you chuck a ting? like...

Sama - what was he like in the studio? to me he sounded a lil' nervous...

I really wouldn't wanna be him even if it did mean having that supreme gift

cannot WAIT to cop Axiom

Tinchy is over big...that chipmunk track...the way he's switching words about and ending lines is too much...and Trim really think he has a younger better than Strydes? hmmm

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I'M SO GLAD DOOGZ/GOODZ IS BACK!

he totally ripped that show - man I'm so haps

that 'real talk' tune is a lot...so much invention on the oter tracks...I never thought the best could get better

BUT (and it's Guerra like)

he really thinks Titch is innocent? he's going on like it was a conspiracy...we all know Titch was a bit wild on road...maybe being inside will do him good (kweli: "getting knowledge in jail like a blessing in disguise") - he's found God now so...it's a start

but why does Doogz/Goodz still occasionally rhyme about pulling triggers if you chuck a ting? like...

Sama - what was he like in the studio? to me he sounded a lil' nervous...

I really wouldn't wanna be him even if it did mean having that supreme gift

cannot WAIT to cop Axiom

Tinchy is over big...that chipmunk track...the way he's switching words about and ending lines is too much...and Trim really think he has a younger better than Strydes? hmmm

This might be blasphemy, but I'm not that excited about Doogz's return. His flow is unreal, but I'm just not big on that really fast rapping with not much variation in the way he says things. I am far more excited about Trim's latest output. Goodz is an MC's MC, and I'm not an MC. It didn't help things that Keep Up sounds like a combination of flows from Eminem and Busta Rhymes on "Gimme Some Mo".

I won't deny though, he totally destroyed Logan's show in a way many don't, and I will be picking up his EP when it drops. He does have a lot of lyrical content, and creates interesting concepts. His return may just have put Ghetto in his place.

Also, everyone should check out the video podcast "Grime's Not Dead - It's Live!". They are on Vol. 2 right now and it showcases up and coming youngers. Some of these kids are just fucked - you can already tell they are going to do a lot in the next few years. My eyes right now are on Chipmunk, Rinse, and Random Impulse. Chipmunk is ffuuuuuccked.

Vol. 2 is worth watching for hearing Ice Kid's voice crack as he freestyles.

Check the blog here:
http://grimesnotdeadpodcast.blogspot.com

Last edited:

gumdrops

is ice kid really that good? cant help thinking wileys ear for talent isnt quite what it used to be. or maybe there just isnt anyone that great to sign up.

Uk Unplugged

Uk Unplugged presents: Bashy, Ghetto, Scorcher & Wretch 32

12th July Uk Unplugged presents: Bashy, Ghetto, Scorcher & Wretch 32 with a live band @ 83 Feet East, 150 Brick Lane, E1 6RU 7:30-11pm.

The event is presented by BBC 1xtra's Ace & Vis & Twin B with music by SK Vibemakers.

ukunpluggedchanged.jpg

Buy tickets @ http://www.wegottickets.com/event/19597

For info email: ukunplugged@hotmail.co.uk

Artist Myspaces:

www.myspace.com/bashystar - Bashy
www.myspace.com/ghettomc - Ghetto
www.myspace.com/scorcherofficial - Scorcher
www.myspace.com/wretchclart - Wretch 32
www.myspace.com/djtwinb - Twin B
www.myspace.com/aceandinvisible - Ace & Invisible
www.myspace.com/skvibemakers - Sk Vibemakers

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
12th July Uk Unplugged presents: Bashy, Ghetto, Scorcher & Wretch 32 with a live band @ 83 Feet East, 150 Brick Lane, E1 6RU 7:30-11pm.

The event is presented by BBC 1xtra's Ace & Vis & Twin B with music by SK Vibemakers.

ukunpluggedchanged.jpg

Buy tickets @ http://www.wegottickets.com/event/19597

For info email: ukunplugged@hotmail.co.uk

Artist Myspaces:

www.myspace.com/bashystar - Bashy
www.myspace.com/ghettomc - Ghetto
www.myspace.com/scorcherofficial - Scorcher
www.myspace.com/wretchclart - Wretch 32
www.myspace.com/djtwinb - Twin B
www.myspace.com/aceandinvisible - Ace & Invisible
www.myspace.com/skvibemakers - Sk Vibemakers

Hmm I'll actually be in town for this. Anyone reckon it'll be any good?