GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benjybars

village elder.
yeah this is heavy.

i never understand when people say grime MCs need to stop slewin eachother and work together etc..

clashes>>>>>any halfhearted collabo

Algierstwin

lets hope this pushes wiley some more.

listening now. .

on a side note. . whats the dot rotten /mega 12 track where they go through the grime scene piece by piece?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Nah man, that Goodz dub was nothing. Just flashy because he got Titch waffling on it for a minute.

Angry Garden Gnome won it right from the beginning. I'm slowly starting to believe myself when I say that no one in the world right now can rap like Wiley.

Last edited:

faustus

feeling:

some of the beats on these spooky eps available on grime forum. good grime still>>>>funky.

the new newham gens videos (bell dem slags and violence). i reckon this album could be a fucking classic. still not into head get mangled though.

any1 kno if 'murked again' is gonna be on it? better be...

gens shd release some instrumentals in some form (double CD pack would be appreciated :cool:)

luka

like a bit of gossip don't you?

fuck yeah, i love it!
mind you i never met anyone who doesn't, so it hardly makes me unique.
i guess no one here knows the answer to my question though. doesn't matter. i can find out.

gumdrops

was good to hear titch again tho - made me laugh.

i dont think ive heard wiley sound as motivated as he did on that dub in AGES.

mos dan

fact music
oh right, backing goodz are you now? change of tune! ;)

*goes away and writes war dub for benji*

lol

Angry Garden Gnome won it right from the beginning. I'm slowly starting to believe myself when I say that no one in the world right now can rap like Wiley.

yep, agree on angry garden gnome and agree on wiley - certainly in terms of wiley, the whole package: the soap opera and the music, taken as a whole, are unsurpassable.

unclerico

I'm slowly starting to believe myself when I say that no one in the world right now can rap like Wiley.

when i first watched this epic 'freestyle' i honestly felt i was watching a true legend at work. in a way it brought to mind the likes of charlie parker, someone who would sacrifice themselves for their art and push themselves to the limits.

the way he brings his life into his art, the way he lives his life and his art - it seems like he's almost above criticism because he gives so much of himself - he's battlescarred both metaphorically and physically yet he still throws himself into these 'wars', risking his life and knowing that he could be attacked for it

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

when i first watched this epic 'freestyle' i honestly felt i was watching a true legend at work. in a way it brought to mind the likes of charlie parker, someone who would sacrifice themselves for their art and push themselves to the limits.

the way he brings his life into his art, the way he lives his life and his art - it seems like he's almost above criticism because he gives so much of himself - he's battlescarred both metaphorically and physically yet he still throws himself into these 'wars', risking his life and knowing that he could be attacked for it

I totally agree. Wiley is a lot like a jazz musician in the way he just goes and goes with such precision. This freestyle is definitely epic: 11 minutes of this eerily too perfect, impeccable flow, a weird stream-of-conciousness subject matter in his lyrics, playing with words and staying on them to create these weird rhyming schemes, and then switching to different lyrical patterns, and pulling it all off with total ease and control without ever breaking a sweat

I really can't praise Wiley high enough - he defines and redefines grime by as little as things he even does or says, and though he incarnates his own scene, he completely transcends it by being one of the most interesting and compelling modern musicial minds we have going, I'd say.

Goodz is just a really good MC.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
I totally agree. Wiley is a lot like a jazz musician in the way he just goes and goes with such precision. This freestyle is definitely epic: 11 minutes of this eerily too perfect, impeccable flow, a weird stream-of-conciousness subject matter in his lyrics, playing with words and staying on them to create these weird rhyming schemes, and then switching to different lyrical patterns, and pulling it all off with total ease and control without ever breaking a sweat

I really can't praise Wiley high enough - he defines and redefines grime by as little as things he even does or says, and though he incarnates his own scene, he completely transcends it by being one of the most interesting and compelling modern musicial minds we have going, I'd say.

Goodz is just a really good MC.

yeah that sums it up nicely.

wiley should press up a proper CD of all his war dubs.
surely it would sell?
or a double CD, one with all the eski instrumentals, the other full of war dubs

Blackdown

nexKeysound

well wiley's traditionally always been all of these things but if this is how this clash is making people feel about him again, it's been a good thing, as his pop moves were starting to obsure that.

viktorvaughn

yeah that sums it up nicely.

wiley should press up a proper CD of all his war dubs.
surely it would sell?
or a double CD, one with all the eski instrumentals, the other full of war dubs

going on like your a lyrical savage/ i got more layers than a light green cabbage!

Oh my gosh master yoda just keeps producing gems.

Elijah

Butterz
http://tinyurl.com/2000grime2 - Alternate link for 2000 & Grime, dunno why mediafire aint working.

Heres the tracklist

P Money - Grime Scene
D1 - Oingy Boingy
Maniac - Thug
Tinchy Stryder - Rollin
Royal T - 1UP
Mz Bratt Feat Griminal - Drop Bombs
DOK - Royal Flush
Joker - Do it
JME - Ju Ju Riddim
Joker & Rustie - Play Doe
Jammer Feat Frisco & Tempa T - Big Man Ting
Royal T - Wheres My Money? (Butterz Special)
Ghetto Feat Griminal - Dont Phone Me
Mr Snowman - Triple Drop (Butterz Special)
DVA - Nasty Nasty Nasty (Sukh Knight RMX)
Tempa T - Next Hype
Waifer - Gunman Skank
DVA - Bullet A Go Fly
???? - ??????????????