GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

that gman set is v big but he sounds kinda 'relaxed'... i like gman more intense like on violence. some sick moments though.

what's everyone else hoping for from grime in 09?

G-Man mixtape, Tempz mixtape, Spooky vinyl, the stuff coming out on Earth 616, Roadside Gs Vs Ripperman, Dot Rotten's stuff. That's about it.

Born Blessed if it's actually got something to say for itself.

Benny Bunter

Any thoughts on the new Goodz mixtape? Its been out for over a week hardly anyone's mentioned it on here yet so I'm guessing people are a bit underwhelmed by it, as I am. I've listened about 5 or 6 times and it is growing on me a bit, but Its nothing like when I was blown away by Axiom on first listen. Still better than most grime mixtapes though.

Choice of beats is nowhere near as good (though he can make fairly generic dubstep wobblers sound much better) and a few too many 'concept' tracks for me, which sounded fresh and exciting on Axiom but perhaps sound slightly contrived in places here. Not sure how well this bodes for 'Born blessed', hopefully he's saved the best stuff for that :slanted:

Last edited:

gumdrops

technically hes still great but he chats too much about the scene. he does make some good points, to be fair, and that grime killers one with the bits of his radio interview could have been good, but it has that fake newscaster intro and horrible guitars on it.

Logan

Grime Guru
technically hes still great but he chats too much about the scene. he does make some good points, to be fair, and that grime killers one with the bits of his radio interview could have been good, but it has that fake newscaster intro and horrible guitars on it.

That was actual audio from a BBC phone in with Dotun Adebayo who ran an article about 'gangster rap and grime' in The Sun newspaper talking to Mr Elijah Butterz on the line.

Yes, Dotun really did say those corny mis-informed ridiculous things on air.

mos dan

fact music
That was actual audio from a BBC phone in with Dotun Adebayo who ran an article about 'gangster rap and grime' in The Sun newspaper talking to Mr Elijah Butterz on the line.

Yes, Dotun really did say those corny mis-informed ridiculous things on air.

the evening when the grimeforum coordinated its efforts to argue with dotun, and rolling kiss/rinse threads were replaced by a rolling bbc london phone-in show thread.. well, it was a lot.

the original article was titled "after 12 hours of gangster rap i could have knifed someone" http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/justice/article1519825.ece

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I know I've read this before but even reading it again I'm amazed by how it even exists. It reads like a report written by a 12-year old.

Dotun Adebayo said:
On Sunday I overdosed on violent lyrics in black music. The state I was in, I was a menace to society.

Oh you saucy man, you.

Elijah

Butterz
the evening when the grimeforum coordinated its efforts to argue with dotun, and rolling kiss/rinse threads were replaced by a rolling bbc london phone-in show thread.. well, it was a lot.

the original article was titled "after 12 hours of gangster rap i could have knifed someone" http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/justice/article1519825.ece

http://files.filefront.com/Dotun+Adebayo+v+Grime/;13199694;/fileinfo.html heres the full show

Feat Logan, Twin B, Bashy and me.

mos dan

fact music
how did something like this come to print?

i'm almost speechless.

it's not that surprising though in a way is it? from the sun? sad to say. i don't know what kind of conversation could have gone on to actually make the article happen in practice, but the twin forces of reactionary attitudes and a willingness to print them in a sensationalised, scandalised form have always been there.

it's probably lucky there haven't been more negative stories related to grime, in a way. and before we blame the murdoch press for all this, one of the worst pieces in terms of kneejerk conservatism was actually run on the guardian blog, titled 'is violence holding grime back?', after titch was sentenced for murder.