GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Digital versions were out on Monday, Vinyl will be in the shops in couple of weeks, but you can pre-order at the myspace

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I am on the brink of buying Wiley's Race Against Time and Skepta's Microphone Champion. I'm positive I will enjoy the Wiley album; Wiley's worst efforts still hold a lot of value for me. I'm a little worried about the Skepta one though. 2008/2009 Skepta has really not been up to scratch and so the fact I haven't heard half the songs on this CD is actually quite worrying for me.

I know Mos Dan didn't like it. Anybody else?

Simon78

I am on the brink of buying Wiley's Race Against Time and Skepta's Microphone Champion. I'm positive I will enjoy the Wiley album; Wiley's worst efforts still hold a lot of value for me. I'm a little worried about the Skepta one though. 2008/2009 Skepta has really not been up to scratch and so the fact I haven't heard half the songs on this CD is actually quite worrying for me.

I know Mos Dan didn't like it. Anybody else?

Just having a listen to the previews on itunes now.

Are you ready, Look Out, Sticks & Stones & Dark sound good on the clips so thats enough for me I think.

He said on Elijah's show the other day that he is going to give Nokia Charger Wire & 'that other sick one I can't remember the name of right now' away for free which is odd as they are better than all of the tunes on the cd. They don't get a good crowd reaction though apparently?

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
nokia charger wire is one of my favourite skepta vocals

King of Grime was the other song, at the end of his Rinse Mixtape.

Wiley - Wheres My Brother, I was Like You, Average Worker, Race Against Time, Bang and Music I Like are some of his best ever material no over reaction.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
He said on Elijah's show the other day that he is going to give Nokia Charger Wire & 'that other sick one I can't remember the name of right now' away for free which is odd as they are better than all of the tunes on the cd. They don't get a good crowd reaction though apparently?

Yeah he was saying this on Logan as well. It's baffling, all his talk about the "poor reception" to Nokia Charger Wire. He seemed to be focused on how it wasn't getting a reaction live, and he must've been, because as far as I know from the second that tune dropped it made most Skepta fans (online anyway) breathe a sigh of relief. No one could really understand why he left it off.

I'm not sure what the other one you are talking about is, but he left King of Grime off because he didn't want a song called "King of Grime" being on there in case his record sales ended up being lower than Wiley's.

The Over The Top remix featuring Meridian will also be available on that free download apparently. Another tune he should've just put on the album.

Simon78

nokia charger wire is one of my favourite skepta vocals

King of Grime was the other song, at the end of his Rinse Mixtape.

Wiley - Wheres My Brother, I was Like You, Average Worker, Race Against Time, Bang and Music I Like are some of his best ever material no over reaction.

Yeah, that is the one. My brain wasn't working properly. I would have thought those two would get the biggest reactions from grime fans live?

I can't wait to have a listen to the Wiley album.

1st review I have seen for it. It doesn't really say anything either.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/05/wiley-race-against-time

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's shit. The latter outweighs the former.

For me.

Hmm, being an ardent grime apologist I guess the question is "how shit?"
I could deal with JME's album so I think I will probably end up buying this one too.

mos dan

fact music
I would have thought those two would get the biggest reactions from grime fans live?

i thought the implication was basically the album wasn't for grime fans. elijah didn't he say something about it not being for the guys popping gun fingers in the corner?

this is pure guesswork, but i feel like someone is advising him not to make it too grimey.

i feel like that person has made a mistake.

i wanna hear the wiley album! quite excited about new material.

what happened to oxford st, is that on there? or not, cos it's just a freestyle? 'please don't send me no oblong beats..'

continuum

smugpolice
This makes me laugh when Tinchy asks Westwood how he is supposed to act now he has been at number 1 in the UK charts for 3 weeks in a row:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

gumdrops

sets arent always the best way to judge from, but the lethargy in skeptas voice when he was doing old bars on logans show the other night was dissapointing. same when he was on with tempz and jme a while back. it took him a while to kinda get back into it cos when he first started he sounded like he was in smoothed out commersh mode. not heard the album yet tho so i could be wrong but only a few tracks on the last one were doing it for me. i imagine its the same for this one. but then thats pretty much all grime mix cds lol so....

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
didn't he say something about it not being for the guys popping gun fingers in the corner?

Perhaps this person advising him is Kano. He is after all the pioneer of this strategy: Ignore what your actual fans want to cater to the hypothetical demands of an audience that doesn't exist.

Elijah

Butterz
i thought the implication was basically the album wasn't for grime fans. elijah didn't he say something about it not being for the guys popping gun fingers in the corner?

this is pure guesswork, but i feel like someone is advising him not to make it too grimey.

nah not the case. But its odd to me as he has 2 road rap tunes he would prob never perform on there as welll

Elijah

Butterz
Perhaps this person advising him is Kano. He is after all the pioneer of this strategy: Ignore what your actual fans want to cater to the hypothetical demands of an audience that doesn't exist.

Lol. Madness, but everyone is kind of guilty of this