GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

wow, some real great stuff on there!

Yeah really rating a lot of these. A fair few of them are out or forthcoming as well.

The Music/Indigeztion are both coming out on Boogaloo City
J Beatz will be releasing the Dutty remix
Cherryade is on the next EP I am putting out
Spartan remix is out on NHNH
What You Got & Represent are out on the Horus EP on Avalanche
& Rhythm & Slags is out on the Quadrant EP on Oil Gang

wise

bare BARE BONES
Downloaded this yesterday. Loads of Darq E Freaker tunes mixed by Dan Gar Dan for the BNTL blog. I really like Vespa To Hell, Do It & the Dutty remix.

5458650624_d723c286e2.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/darqefreaker/darq-e-freaker-x-grand-mixer

http://betterneverthanlate.blogspot.com/2011/02/producer-interview-series-darq-e.html

12mins in and it's sounded like a mixture of slower D&B and mid range wobble so far, I love the Darq E Freaker tune on the Oil Gang release and his production for Nu Brand Flexx but I wouldn't even call this grime, it's horrible.

edit - the tune at 15 mins with the Don't Go sample is pretty good, now it's back to wobble :(

Simon78

12mins in and it's sounded like a mixture of slower D&B and mid range wobble so far, I love the Darq E Freaker tune on the Oil Gang release and his production for Nu Brand Flexx but I wouldn't even call this grime, it's horrible.

edit - the tune at 15 mins with the Don't Go sample is pretty good, now it's back to wobble :(

Zoning & Finally have got wobble bassline's but apart from those two and Stereo I would say the rest are Grime myself. I play all of them apart from those three, oh and Vespa To Hell but that's only because I haven't got that one.

Simon78

that mix simon posted = wow. amazingly good. are other grime djs playing this kind of stuff at the moment?

The Wifey mix?

If so then Spooky & Meshak Nasty on Urban FM play similar stuff and so does Score5 on Rinse. Those three are all incredible at mixing, loads of chopping and fast mixes.

Everyone has a slightly different selection though. P Jam & Dexplicit were amazing at the last Butterz night and I think it was mainly their own tunes being played, really hype.

Score5 ft. Merky Ace & Ego - Rinse FM 15/02
http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83955

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Score5 is such a sick DJ. He's been so underrated for so long. I'd rate him higher than Spyro, personally, in terms of ability. The feats he pulls off are so far beyond fancy cuts with the cross fader. He reminds me of Rossi B and Luca minus all the DMC-style scratching.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
Score5 is such a sick DJ. He's been so underrated for so long. I'd rate him higher than Spyro, personally, in terms of ability. The feats he pulls off are so far beyond fancy cuts with the cross fader. He reminds me of Rossi B and Luca minus all the DMC-style scratching.

is there a particular set you have in mind, and if so can you point me to it?

cheers.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
is there a particular set you have in mind, and if so can you point me to it?

cheers.

Also the one with Merky Ace from the page before this one is good too. The beginning has a lot of seamless mixing of tunes underneath acapellas that sounds like he must be using three decks. You can't really go wrong though.

jimitheexploder

Not feeling Ring, he doesn't sound right on the beat, he misses a flow completly and sounds off key, no hype and a bit shit. Really disapointing compared to that recent Chronik freestyle and another Slew Dem track that appeard recently with the mad cheesy sample: