GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
Soulfood Vol.3 is doing alot for me. There's obligatory grimeforum moaning (someone called it 'boring':confused:), probably because it isn't an in-your-face hypefest. It's the sound of a man into his green being introspective with the grime format. Sketchy, almost paranoid in places, despite his lyrical assertions of confidence. Any thoughts?

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
this youtube clip on hyperfrank's site has ghetto, skepta, wiley, jammer et al all arguing like school boys over who has the biggest willy....but some good DC clips on there

yeah i saw that! you wonder what it's all coming to, this grime thing we're into. You see the 'major players' acting out their pathetic myspace headlines. 'I'm the King of Grime' 'No I'm the King of Grime!'
I guess on the world scene, grime is still a fringe genre, and these guys are just fighting over their scraps, a niche fanbase. It's kind of sad... I like the way Doctor's just not getting involved and eveyone's bitching in the background

Soulfood Vol.3 is doing alot for me. There's obligatory grimeforum moaning (someone called it 'boring':confused:), probably because it isn't an in-your-face hypefest. It's the sound of a man into his green being introspective with the grime format. Sketchy, almost paranoid in places, despite his lyrical assertions of confidence. Any thoughts?

As I said in the aforementioned thread, I think it's brilliant. Better than 2 by far, don't know about 1 yet, but dark and deep and.. different, while still staying mostly with grime. Very impressed. People, as always, are too quick to judge.
(Although my own assessment comes after a midnight download and playing it on repeat in the car, have yet to listen to my own CD without the shitty mp3 compression).

this youtube clip on hyperfrank's site has ghetto, skepta, wiley, jammer et al all arguing like school boys over who has the biggest willy....but some good DC clips on there

haha that video is so good- i love the superhero captions "what did he say?!!?"

jammer's right about ghetto - hes good but he just needs to slow down - "i pitched it down on my mac and it was good" :)

its like someone said - all it takes is for a camera or a phone to come out and then it all kicks off, too many ego's in one room - they are such kids, so irreverent (in a good way)

og season is pretty sick though

faustus

As I said in the aforementioned thread, I think it's brilliant. Better than 2 by far, don't know about 1 yet, but dark and deep and.. different, while still staying mostly with grime. Very impressed. People, as always, are too quick to judge.
(Although my own assessment comes after a midnight download and playing it on repeat in the car, have yet to listen to my own CD without the shitty mp3 compression).

yeah it's fantastic on first listen, the dancehall-style track (track 3 i think) is shockingly good and the tune slewing flowdan is wicked i don't care what any1 says.

ghetto's album sounds great (again, first listen), the production sounds really crisp and deep. it would be good to have a few other voices on it tho

msoes

come on guys the trim album isnt very good

the bars are just lacking. and he repeats his damn catchphrases instead of writing proper bars.

inside looking about is still amazing though.

Nah, I like it a lot. It sounds proper paranoid and fucked in places. Saying that, I haven't listened to 2 in a long time bar I'm Asleep so maybe that's why.

faustus

Nah, I like it a lot. It sounds proper paranoid and fucked in places. Saying that, I haven't listened to 2 in a long time bar I'm Asleep so maybe that's why.

i'm asleep is such a big tune, bit scary in places cos it sounds like he's losing it just a little.

been sitting at work all day looking forward to listening to trim and ghetto this evening... nearly half 5 now...

AcidBeard

The new Soulfood is decent. Good productions and Trim is his usual self. The production on the flowdan tune is pure quality it's the highlight for me.

Immryr

so, i saw skepta in newcastle on saturday, my first proper live grime mc seeing expirience! he was much better than i expected, pretty funny too. the night got stopped a little short due to a big fight breaking out though.

was still a quality night, though!

Benny Bunter

so, i saw skepta in newcastle on saturday, my first proper live grime mc seeing expirience! he was much better than i expected, pretty funny too. the night got stopped a little short due to a big fight breaking out though.

was still a quality night, though!

Bah! I've managed to miss Wiley, Trim, Dizzee and Skepta play Newcastle since the year began. Lethal Bs playing again soon, but thats not really any consolation. :(

Fingers crossed for Durrty Goodz making an appearance then...

Immryr

trim didnt show up, so you can console yourself on that front. skepta really was amazing though, how come you didnt turn up?

Benny Bunter

trim didnt show up, so you can console yourself on that front. skepta really was amazing though, how come you didnt turn up?

Well I was playing a gig myself that night, otherwise I would have definitely gone. Gutted.:(
Missed Wiley just because it was on a Thursday night, I was knackered and I had work the next day :(

Immryr, you'll definitely have to keep me informed of any Grime nights coming up, I'll be there at the next one (though it is hard to persuade any of my mates to come to anything like that). You DJ yourself don't ya?

Benny Bunter

Great :D

I am determined to go to a Grime night at some point, and I won't be able to afford to travel to London any time soon.

tom pr

did anyone go to House Party 4 on the weekend? interested in who the MCs were with Plastician, and what sort of set Geenius did...

mos dan

fact music
did anyone go to House Party 4 on the weekend? interested in who the MCs were with Plastician, and what sort of set Geenius did...

i couldn't make it - so annoyed, cos the last one was just amazing. if geenius played anything other than funky i'll be surprised.