GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

tom pr

i wasn't really feeling the bassline house in the middle so i chilled outside for that (didnt have any money left for it, but the food they were serving looked wicked) but other than that it was good. rossi b and luca smashed it, i thought silverlink was good, faggatronix didnt bring the right stuff and whoever was on instead of them was a bit rubbish but he had ppl dancing.

spyro w/ badness, ghetto, bruza and little nasty was hype. skitz beats w/ tempa t, esco and someone else from slew dem was alright - before temps touched mic there was a half hour of grime classics (i dunno if that was skitz beats too, i wasnt near the booth at that point) with everyone going mental. logan went b2b vectra at about half three but it was when flirta d and his crap mates were mcing so it killed the crowd. as we were leaving at four little dee, p money and dot rotten were coming through the door so presumably that set picked up. it's a pretty cool venue too, i'd never been there before. plus it was free before eleven and two for one vodka mixers.

continuum

smugpolice
Jammer - Are You Dumb Volume 3 review

2524908172_035f1828b1.jpg

2524908616_e81dd4db81.jpg

Veteran grime producer, dj and lyricist Jammer drops a third consistently good mixtape full of the usual professional bangers. Recent rumours of a signing to Dizzee Rascal’s label Dirtee Stank proved untrue he joins the second phase of this underground scene’s star's currently riding high regardless.

As soon as Jammer opens his mouth you know it’s him and he begins the cd talking about how he is taking this whole thing seriously getting his paper right, putting money over matter. Track two ‘Wooo Oiii’ gets things moving and is Jammer at his best over a big party beat from producer of the moment Bless Beats. Showing respect for grime’s sister sound dubstep is a beat by Benga on track three which the Murkle Man rides expertly. Guest appearances from Skepta and Frisco on track four ‘Skankin Ting’ impress as usual and slow things down for the frenetic next song ‘Shat Up’.

Hip Hop and all other style of beats get sprayed down over the next few tracks before the song ‘Its Alot’ begins. This a weird tune and sounds like it should be part of fashion film soundtrack. The video confirms these suspicions and a finger immediately points at the Shoreditch area of London and the day-glow industry bass movement which appears to be gathering pace there. Several tracks using the phrase “it’s a lot” have been released in the grime scene recently causing controversy over who initially coined it. The pick of these is ‘Par’ from Tempa T when it comes to that subject though.

‘Shake It’ pricks the ears next before we get to ‘The Happy Club’. This track is another funny one from Jammer over a Rossi & Luca beat and could be edited down into a potentially popular nursery rhyme, chorus lyrics-wise. Skepta keeps it real on the next track ‘Before’, a straight rave-bass piece of grime which makes me make my hands into the shape of a gun and pretend I’m firing gunshots into the ceiling. The next beat is doing a lot as well.

Grime needs to be focusing on its home city London right now as a period of change begins for the place symbolised by a mayoral switch. Potentially the first strong indicator of a change of government soon, perhaps, or maybe nothing more than a fresh colour scheme for the same gang? ‘Streets Of London’ is the ode to LDN on Are You Dumb Volume 3 and joins Wiley’s latest output about our capital.

A factory Nokia ring-tone marks the start of the final track and is Jammer showing-off about a drink-up over an orchestral beat by Cutter. A bonus song hides on the end of this story piece and finishes things off nice and chilled. Altogether a good set of music that gets repeat play from me and confirms Jammer’s consistency.

Last edited:

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
dizzee does explicitly say that he's signed jammer in this video... 1:19 for the skinny

not that i'm inclined to believe anything said regarding dirty stank. NEWHAM GENS ALBUM OUT LATE 2006 anyone?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Theres rumours about jammer being signed to DS to go along with diz and newham gens on tour. Rumours tho.

Which might explain why Skepta had the hump with him on Logan's show. He seemed to be suggesting that he wants Jammer involved in his planned domination of the world. He was asking him to say sorry about something I think and urging him to get involved.

mos dan

fact music

i worked at this dog track for three years...
you lot love this song to the bone....

lol guilty pleasure business that one, curiously addictive, plus the intro is so funny: 'ohhhhhhkayyyy'.

and yet, somehow, phenomenal has failed to take over the world. baffling.

luka

addictive isn't the word, i've watched this about 1000 times in the last half hour... i love when they zoom up on the kids face, the look of utter concentration on his face as it he picks out the one finger melody....
that alley is at the back of the train station, it leads to the prince albert where you can see them playing pool later....

ooo, i'm talking to meself again! aahaa

pause it at 0.48 seconds too, its really good
plus that girl at 1.41... looking bored in the prince albert....

plus stormin showing up right at the end!

Logan

Grime Guru
Council estate white people all look like a slightly different breed of animal. Must be the irish blood swimming round the gene pool.

A bit like horsey looking upper class white people actually.