two twos and your back at the yard
and shes sucking you off
like its her national job
and you realise shes a
jeeezabeeel

mos dan

fact music
How is Slix - Down vol 2?

disappointingly full of bait rnb stuff (which i'm usually a sucker for), to be honest. for me it's suffered from having to compete with little nasty's 'hungry season' so i haven't listened to it much. will let someone else stick up for it..

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
has there been any MCs down FWD lately? It being on a sunday now about the only things that can tempt me to go are a) Martyn b) old skool Hatcha set c) slimzee d) MCs...

mos dan

fact music
has there been any MCs down FWD lately? It being on a sunday now about the only things that can tempt me to go are a) Martyn b) old skool Hatcha set c) slimzee d) MCs...

yeah i feel that. mcs would be more frequent if they booked more mc-friendly djs i think, as far as i know it's only been newham gens once or twice. but erm, there was d double and slimzee on the first sunday fwd... i was so excited about this combination i drunk my own bodyweight in cocktails beforehand and ended up falling literally *into* a plate of nachos :confused:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I really like all the Black the Ripper stuff I've looked at since reading that Rotten interview, I'd avoided him cos his name's so fucking awful til now. He's nice, sensitive bloke, uplifting kinda conscious stuff, reminds me of Reveal and some of the other pre-Giggs rapers lol.*

Says on one of his tracks that he wouldn't ever wear pink though, which I think is a shame. Blokes look much better in pink than girls.

*hahaha Freudian slip. Rappers.

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
I really like all the Black the Ripper stuff I've looked at since reading that Rotten interview, I'd avoided him cos his name's so fucking awful til now. He's nice, sensitive bloke, uplifting kinda conscious stuff, reminds me of Reveal and some of the other pre-Giggs rapers lol.*

Says on one of his tracks that he wouldn't ever wear pink though, which I think is a shame. Blokes look much better in pink than girls.

*hahaha Freudian slip. Rappers.

Embraced the Ripper through the same blackdown interview, he's really not bad. 'Afro Samurai' is just a solid hip hop album (some classic samples to boot), very much a Wu-Tang vibe. Like you say, nice lad ('I Ain't A Playa'); low on the sweetbwoy perversions; conscientious lyrics... not grime but I ain't complaining.

Blackdown

nexKeysound

dl spyro b2b maximum here

this set is alot.com/hypeting/gunky, and i'm only half way through. it's half grime half funky. i mentioned dusk and i reckoned there'd be a "speed war" in funky sooner than later and it'd all converge at the same tempo, making danceable grime, but we didn't think it would happen this quick! i blame the massive pitch bend range of the CDJ1000...

Elijah

Butterz
this set is alot.com/hypeting/gunky, and i'm only half way through. it's half grime half funky. i mentioned dusk and i reckoned there'd be a "speed war" in funky sooner than later and it'd all converge at the same tempo, making danceable grime, but we didn't think it would happen this quick! i blame the massive pitch bend range of the CDJ1000...
massive pitch bent.... plus master tempo = endless possibilities. because all the funky dudes still give their tunes to the grime djs, it was a matter of time really. going to be 140 funky street soon

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Bit O/T but does anyone have a mix of tunes like 'Bulla Cake' (D'explicit) and 'Go DJ' or whatever it's called by Zinc?

P.S. big up elijah for that link