GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Terror Danjah is a murderer, certified in my mind as of last night. He absolutely destroyed the set, what a performance - completely took me away.

By far the most cohesive, imaginative and sonically explosive grime set ive heard in a long long long time

i guess i hadnt really clocked him so much since the bait classics, maybe i switched off around boogeyman, but jesus, his shit is sick - morph was always a bit of a personal fave, but he was dropping some seriously big tunes - all aftershock i think

he should dj out more often, badman selector

oh and badness was great aswell, lit the place up, i dont know for the life of me why hes never allowed to spit at fwd - is he the only grime mc consistently turning up to rave after rave? i swear i see him everywhere, definately one of the most hardworking (in that sense) in my opinion, wish more mc's were like that

props to night slugs, big night, didnt stay for egyptian guy, but the guy before terror was dropping some anthemic funky which bumped nicely - they know how to make it feel like a party

gumdrops

gutted. couldnt go terror or the frisco party last night.

badness is al-right. im tired of seeing him everywhere though. he can get a bit much after a while.

tom lea

i swear he was spitting at fwd a few weeks ago, with tubby and newhams. maybe i imagined that, i was outside for most of that set.

but yeah, i thought terror was great, just wish there'd been more ppl there.. bok bok said it to me in an email and it's true, it's easy to forget that although terror's a legend to grime heads, it's still a very niche thing you're putting on, even with someone of his stature.

faustus

but yeah, i thought terror was great, just wish there'd been more ppl there.. bok bok said it to me in an email and it's true, it's easy to forget that although terror's a legend to grime heads, it's still a very niche thing you're putting on, even with someone of his stature.

also putting him on with egyptrixx was a bit strange... but i guess u have to get people when theyre available an all

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Does anyone know if My Philosophy by Donae'o had the instrumental on the flip side of it? Every time I come across it online or on ebay it only lists a vocal a-side.

Benny Bunter

Does anyone know if My Philosophy by Donae'o had the instrumental on the flip side of it? Every time I come across it online or on ebay it only lists a vocal a-side.

My copy's one sided with just the vocal. It would indeed be nice to have the instrumental cos Donaeo is slightly cringey on this, but not bad enough to spoil the track. Thank god we've got the intrumental of African Warrior eh?

alex

Do not read this.
i think that one with the instrumental on it only dropped on white...

are you talking about the silver sticker one yea?

faustus

My copy's one sided with just the vocal. It would indeed be nice to have the instrumental cos Donaeo is slightly cringey on this, but not bad enough to spoil the track. Thank god we've got the intrumental of African Warrior eh?

this attitude depresses me

faustus

Why? African Warrior is one of my fave tunes of the last few years. But the vocal is embarrassing. I'm all up for a bit of cheese but that one takes the biscuit ;)

i mean i feel bad for donaeo. he clearly believes his tunes need both the vocal and instrumental side, personally i think this is what makes him special.

what i was trying to say was that for some reason it feels worse to my mind to really hype up some1's instrumentals and separate their stuff up into 'the good side' and the bad, than just to criticise some1 completely.

ive got a feeling most of that doesnt make sense sorry. am very hungover this am

Benny Bunter

i mean i feel bad for donaeo. he clearly believes his tunes need both the vocal and instrumental side, personally i think this is what makes him special.

what i was trying to say was that for some reason it feels worse to my mind to really hype up some1's instrumentals and separate their stuff up into 'the good side' and the bad, than just to criticise some1 completely.

ive got a feeling most of that doesnt make sense sorry. am very hungover this am

Well, for the record I quite like Donaeo on that track 'I' and he didn't produce that one. But African Warrior is such a massive tune that it just needs to be heard on its own I reckon. Still haven't really heard anything else quite like it really, in Funky or anywhere else.

Did Donaeo produce any good grime instrumentals before Funky took over? I'd be interested to know.