GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

Just finished listening to the Trim CD, I was not expecting the Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick riff to drop in Monkey Features!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There are more of the tunes from the CD on these links.

Really good CD.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
the Spyro b2b Mak10 set with D Douuble & Hyper is the one.. so good.

so many classic bars

"how you gonna play chess with no chest" haha.

everyone needs to listen to that set.

yessss nice.

These Chrissy sets are great

"gunnajus build me a new drink .. Oh someone's built it for me!"

continuum

smugpolice
Just finished listening to the Trim CD, I was not expecting the Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick riff to drop in Monkey Features!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trim's doing Grindie now ?

jimitheexploder

I didn't expect that Mudhoney/Trim stuff either... Plus I just had another WTF! moment on Extra Attention: Dot Rotten vocals 'Around The World' by Daft Punk

Simon78

Chockablock was quality last night. D Double over Frontline was so good. Big ups to Magic for dropping that. Griminal & Little Nasty were proper hype and the OG's smashed it. I was pretty wrecked by the end :D

Couple of videos have been uploaded.

mos dan

fact music
this kano video doesn't deserve embedding

just posting cos i want to know WHY IS HE TRYING TO SOUND LIKE EMINEM NOW? or some american rapper anyway.. it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

so gutted to miss chockablock.. blaming a combination of fabric and departing friends (departing the country, that is - i wasn't at a funeral).

gumdrops

the verses are okay. but the chorus is pretty dire. sounds like the end credits music to an itv youth drama. given up on kano anyway. i used to think maybe he was a bit lost but actually i think this is exactly what he wants to make. mainstream rap but without the mainstream actually there.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
that trim track is bonkers. puts most rap-rock crossovers to shame.

when is the next chockablcok - is it a monthly thing? woulda loved to have seen d double live, but didn't know about this...

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
Dunno if it's been discussed yet but the p-money track on the new starkey album is f'ing incredible. Proper epic business

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Finally got that DJ Magic No Hats No Hoods CD, one of the few grime releases I've picked up recently. The main thing that stands out for me is how grime MCs over big wobbly dubstep tunes (which I'm not normally a fan of) can actually sound pretty damn good

Nice to have next hype, bring ur click and where's my brother on cd as well

Simon78

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/item/lifes-a-dice-game-volume-1-dice-recordings.html

v4 a2: madness 'our house' refix.. can't believe i never heard of this before yesterday. 'armshouse - in the middle of our street'

lol. we have also been enjoying wiley's only fools and horses refix in my house this week

Its a really good LP that. Some quality songs on it.

There is another Chockablock video up now. There is a bit of D Double E doing Frontline on there about 3 minutes in and a load more of Little Nasty and Griminal. Really good selection of tunes from Magic as well.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

edit: I forgot how good Griminal was over Oddz Strung Up VIP! 5:00 minutes into the video.

Last edited:

gumdrops

the skepta/jme/badness set from the other night - tues i think - is worth a listen. skepta was sounding hard.
on 2nd thought, badness is pretty annoying. but skepta and jme are on fire.

Last edited: