GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benjybars

village elder.
scorcher's been chatting some fraff about how MCs should allow the clashing and just concentrate in good music...

a) scorcher isn't one to talk about quality contol at the moment

b) clashing IS good music. much rather hear bars directed at someone in particular than random "i'm better than everyone" bars.

innit tho.

Simon78

Really like that Energy Riddim. There are supposed to be a few vocals about but I have only heard the Mighty Moe version so far.

The Wooo Riddim is quality as well. Its by a producer called S-X from the midlands and is out in April on an EP. It does sound like a Hip-Hop beat but it must be 140 as I'm sure Logan mixed it into a set the other day?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

P Money's latest dub for Ghetto was played on Logan last night.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Simon78

Just been listening to The Classics - Destruction Vol.1 today. Anyone know if Domino actually released anything or is his Grime career the Freestyle on this and that Slicks clash?

There is nothing on him on the Grime Wiki and I can't find any sets on Grimetapes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also did Sharky Major - Diss Ain't A Game come out on vinyl?

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
Just been listening to The Classics - Destruction Vol.1 today. Anyone know if Domino actually released anything or is his Grime career the Freestyle on this and that Slicks clash?

There is nothing on him on the Grime Wiki and I can't find any sets on Grimetapes.

Also did Sharky Major - Diss Ain't A Game come out on vinyl?

i've been wondering the same thing for years, he murders that Slix clash...

outraygeous

are people being serious about Domino

i just want to make sure that im part of the joke... i dont wana be left out in the cold

Simon78

are people being serious about Domino

i just want to make sure that im part of the joke... i dont wana be left out in the cold

I'm being serious, the freestyle on the Destruction CD is relentless. Its not on Youtube unfortunately so I can't link it but I always wheel it 3 or 4 times when it comes on.

He kills Slicks on Lord of Mics as well.

Slackk let me know that he is also on Buss My Ting on Are U Dumb Vol3 and a tune on Hard Days Graft. I have got both of those so I'm going to have a listen when I update my ipod.

benjybars

village elder.
yeah there is some blinkered vision goin on here... slicks and domino were both pure swag on that clash.. was the worst one on the dvd by miles.. difference is that SLicks has massively improved since then and Domino has (rightly) disappeared.

Simon78

SLicks has massively improved since then

:D

benjybars

village elder.
^^

haha. fair enough,..what i should have said is that Slicks improved massively after that Domino clash (he was one of the best MCs in 06) then went back to being a bit shit.

i remember one Ruff Sqwad set on Logan's show from early 06 where Slicks was on fire. sounded immense.

edit - i even made a whole thread about it at the time! - http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?3396-Slicks&highlight=slicks

i think he basically flopped from the moment i made that thread..

outraygeous

domino is PONY

how many times can he fall off the beat. He was just any guy they brought in.

'wrap you in a white sheet like a soother'

wooow