questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

CrowleyHead

I'll probably just dig through the 2-step thread and find it. Buuuut.... What's the name of the tune where Mala's in the official video, in a puffy jacket, getting shitted on by bouncers?

wise

bare BARE BONES
I'll probably just dig through the 2-step thread and find it. Buuuut.... What's the name of the tune where Mala's in the official video, in a puffy jacket, getting shitted on by bouncers?

Watched this again just the other day, so funny.
Roundsound - Whadda We Like

Last edited:

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Coki & Loefah in it too

XcAMN.png

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
ref. the two videos below: is Lil' Debbie and Kreayshawn the same person? What is the syrup mixed with Sprite and crushed ice from the 2 Cups video (amongst others)?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
What's that tune that's all over Kiss FM and the like with the high-pitched autotuned male vocals and the whooshy chords and the tripletty feel. Sounds weirdly like post-dubstep going pop...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
How many times would a music journalist listen to an album before writing a review? Because as we all know it takes longer to 'get' certain albums than it does with others

Leo

how does one pronounce huerco s.? would it be something like "eur-ko"?

also, why do so many electronic music artists pick names that are difficult for a lazy american to pronounce?

how does one pronounce huerco s.? would it be something like "eur-ko"?

also, why do so many electronic music artists pick names that are difficult for a lazy american to pronounce?

How much money has Mz Bratt and DJ Diesel lost because people can't type the correct spelling it into search engines.

Leo

ok, another one for you: how do you pronounce Ø, aka mika vanio. Oh? nill? null set? empty set?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2013/01/07/168801120/you-can-never-say-goodbye-to-the-dancefloor

from this Tom Moulton interview

[In 1977, Moulton was dispatched to Jamaica to remix producer Clement "Coxsone" Dodd's legendary Studio One sessions for the American market, including early tracks from Bob Marley and the Wailers and the Heptones.]

They said, "Take your time. Don't worry. Take all the time you want in the studio, it doesn't matter." Well, it turned out to be successful, and [Dodd] was angry with me that it was so successful.

I was smuggling the tapes out of there. [Michael] Manley was the governor then, and at that time, being white wasn't a big aid down there. Anything Jamaican had to stay in Jamaica. So if you take things out that they consider a treasure, like Bob Marley tapes, they would get you. I was so afraid to go through customs. [But] this man, Clement Dodd — everybody feared this man. I would walk out of my hotel and they would say, "Oh, you're Mr. Dodd's friend? Where do you want to go?" I'd say, "I want to go here." I'd go to pay. They'd say, "No, no, it's OK."

Going through customs, I had all these tapes in my bag. The guy before me, [they] opened [his] bag: "Oh, [did] you buy this new? You have a receipt?" All I thought was, "I'm going to be arrested and dragged out of there." It was my turn next: "Open the bag." And then the cab driver came up to him, whispered something in his ear, and he said, "Close it up — next!" It scared the hell out of me.

Was Coxane not paid or what? And what's the story with sneaking stuff out?

crofton

wasn't able to listen to the wailers remix there, it's been taken down. but the article's interesting thanks!