questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

D

droid

:cool:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

D

droid

BTW, the King Tubby dancehall tribute LP has Fuzzy Jones intros for all the tunes. Including the 'This is a musical rush' sample and the RIP sample I quoted above.

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
BTW, the King Tubby dancehall tribute LP has Fuzzy Jones intros for all the tunes. Including the 'This is a musical rush' sample and the RIP sample I quoted above.

yeah I just came across that, searching for 'alty salmon' has come up with far more results weirdly. Now I've got bare samples fi soundclash. Thanks again Droid!

mos dan

fact music
i can't place the origin of the phrase 'i'll dun your dance'. i think it's bun-u's sig.. google is proving unhelpful, youtube just has some crap d-list grime tune of that name.. HELP ME

Client Eastwood

Im just reading the sleeve notes for Cry Tuff Dub Encounter 3 by Prince Far I. There's a credit for David Toop on flute. Is this DT the writer ? huh ?

john eden

male pale and stale
Im just reading the sleeve notes for Cry Tuff Dub Encounter 3 by Prince Far I. There's a credit for David Toop on flute. Is this DT the writer ? huh ?

yeah I guess that was one of the proto On-U sound productions? they did stuff with steve beresford and toop (and jah wobble and a bunch of others).

Client Eastwood

^^ yeah always makes me laugh. 'Take out me hose and me water me garden, you should see how me pose' or is there something i dont understand about this wartering malarky.

Last edited:

Robman

joy division oven gloves
I think it's J Dilla who talks about keeping it ghetto with the plastic cups.... what's he on about? Is he suggesting he can handle his drink? If so, surely he could be trusted with glass? Is it keeping it real to use plastic cups? Is he so dope he can carry off plastic cups?
HTML:

viktorvaughn

I think it's J Dilla who talks about keeping it ghetto with the plastic cups.... what's he on about? Is he suggesting he can handle his drink? If so, surely he could be trusted with glass? Is it keeping it real to use plastic cups? Is he so dope he can carry off plastic cups?
HTML:

Cos it's cheaper than glass and hence more ghetto / real? I dunno...

Client Eastwood

HTML:

Yeah plastic cups is pretty standard. You'll also see the same etiquete in grime vids.