Da Crunked Up Southern Rap thread

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Yeah I saw that Ricky B comp on Discogs & listened to some of the other tunes as well. He is GREAT, by far my favourite tip-off from this thread so far, on repeat for much of the day - thanks so much!

philblackpool

gamelanstep
OK, so I went through some old mags & apart from being reminded about MC ADE, C-Murder "Down 4 My N's" & TI "What You Know", I didn't find bugger all else I liked much...So (the admittedly fantastic) Ricky B is the boards' sole contribution to my attempted bromance with the dirty south so far! Any more?! (Goad, goad).

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Afraid all I can really do is dump more somewhat Ricky B-esque bounce on you.
Got this in the post yesterday:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4N5oP32V8mM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More brassy goodness:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7Qe7H1UgLVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mia X was clearly the jewel in No Limit's crown, but her early stuff is even better:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iGwuKuR-FH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(those lyrics about taking a dude's disability check and leaving him in shitty depends are about the most genuinely shocking I've ever heard).

Best accent ever:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PkgAlTrUDs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zhao

there are no accidents
bumping this bounce mix the other day and it is DOPE! very methodical and focused.

and looking forward to these.

very sad that these are about the only things up on that blog any more...

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I have a fair bit of the stuff that was on T&G, let me know if there's anything you're seriously fiending for and I'll look. "Where They At?" is brilliant, tracing those sample-viruses as they spread. Bally Boyz - Send It might be the best example of the "N.O. street music continuum" thing, replacing rapping with one of those playground counting rhymes, over second line samples... just perfect.

zhao

there are no accidents
I have a fair bit of the stuff that was on T&G, let me know if there's anything you're seriously fiending for and I'll look. "Where They At?" is brilliant, tracing those sample-viruses as they spread. Bally Boyz - Send It might be the best example of the "N.O. street music continuum" thing, replacing rapping with one of those playground counting rhymes, over second line samples... just perfect.

maybe can you just post some of the best things you got from there? would be wicked awesome. i haven't followed that blog since 2006 and it's too late to make up for the past 7 years...

Also, does anyone here still have my "Down South Bangin" mix on a hard drive? i got a PM request for it the other day and i would actually like to hear it again myself... big thanks in advance!!!

robin

not really crunk or bounce but here's some southern stuff that's great that i haven't seen posted so far.

Petey Pablo - Raise Up

Juvenile - In My Life ft. Mannie Fresh
(why is it so difficult to get uncut versions of these tunes?)

Birdman & Lil' Wayne - Stuntin' Like My Daddy

Petey Pablo feat. Bubba Sparxxx - Get On Dis Motorcycle

Pastor Troy - Are We Cuttin' ft. Timbaland, Ms. Jade

LIL BossIe- I SmokE i DrAnk

Nolia Clap (Original)

Juvenile - Ha

CLIPSE - THE FUNERAL

Shake Dat Shit-Shawnna ft. Ludacris

Baby ft. Clipse - What Happened To That Boy

LIL WAYNE - Go DJ

Shake ya Ass - Mystikal

Mystikal - Bouncin' Back (Bumpin' Me Against The Wall)

Rich Boy - Drop

Trina - B R Right featuring Ludacris

and some more laid back stuff

ESG - Swangin and Bangin'
(the whole album is great)

The Diplomats - Bout It III ( Dirty / HQ ) Ft. Master P
Aiiyo, I'm bouncin' through an ounce or two
My crib look like the Fountainblue
A fountain too, no water, only pumpin' Mountain Dew

trae & hawk - swang

Big Mike & Six 2 "Down Home" feat. Young Bleed

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Cheers for them - a few classics plus some new to me that I liked.

Juvenile's "Ha" I couldn't get on with for years (although I always loved "Back That Azz Up"), but having read a little on it recently & read the lyrics in conjunction with the excellent video, I think I'm a convert! Strange stylings!

ESG & Hawk's widow are on the lengthy but excellent panel discussion I posted on the screwed thread the other day.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
This is a wonderfully inane new crunk-ish one, which people may already be aware of, something to do with this US 'dance challenge' online nonsense which I'm just catching up with (see also New Jersey thread):