craner

Beast of Burden
Been aimlessly flitting between lots of stuff that just made me wonder what the actual point of reading is - just pointless vapid, narcissistic publishing - look at me, I made a book, it’s got no plot and the characters are me and my mates and we’re totally solipsistic but we went to university and can drop names and talk about art and philosophy…just dead stuff.

Maybe you've read too much Jenks. Take a break from the books.

wild greens

I have been trying to read The October Surprise by Gary Sick, about the theory that the people involved to try and get Reagan administration in persuaded Iran to keep hold of kidnapped American hostages so Reagan could beat Carter in the election

Don't really believe it but it's a fun little caper

Tried reading some Dickens lately as well but found him mostly insufferable

version

I have been trying to read The October Surprise by Gary Sick, about the theory that the people involved to try and get Reagan administration in persuaded Iran to keep hold of kidnapped American hostages so Reagan could beat Carter in the election

Don't really believe it but it's a fun little caper

Did you not see that bloke who was involved come out and admit a few months ago?

wild greens

Yeah Ben Barnes isnt it. The Iranian president at the time said it happened as well, apparently.

Good documentary on Netflix now- Octopus Murders- that touches on it.

This book is a bit flakey though, it doesn't read like its true to me.

version

Been aimlessly flitting between lots of stuff that just made me wonder what the actual point of reading is - just pointless vapid, narcissistic publishing - look at me, I made a book, it’s got no plot and the characters are me and my mates and we’re totally solipsistic but we went to university and can drop names and talk about art and philosophy…just dead stuff. Then I picked up Faulkner’s Light in August which i’d never got round to and it felt like that Television lyric ‘ I saw lightening strike itself’ or something similar. Proper electric writing.

Which were the shit ones you were reading before the Faulkner?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It’s fallen out of circulation if anything, bit like the “grains” it depicts and heroin/diamorphine itself has almost been completely overhauled as a purchasable option