Great 2 Step?

bandshell

Grand High Witch
Cosmic was meant to be coming out on Deep Medi.

In Febuary Benny said the album was coming out soon but haven't heard anything since. I think it's on Tempa.

Benny Bunter

Anyone got any info on a Ray Hurley white label called 'Vicious'
It features that 'you are so vicious' sample, I can't remember the origin but i've heard it in a few tracks
It's track 4 in this mix

I've got this Jeremy Sylvester record that uses that sample too :http://www.discogs.com/247-The-Fever-EP/release/377927 . Thats from 1997 but I'll bet its been used loads before that. That Ray Hurley version sounds great btw, I was wracking my brains when I saw your post, I knew I'd heard it somewhere before!

wise

bare BARE BONES
I've got this Jeremy Sylvester record that uses that sample too :http://www.discogs.com/247-The-Fever-EP/release/377927 . Thats from 1997 but I'll bet its been used loads before that. That Ray Hurley version sounds great btw, I was wracking my brains when I saw your post, I knew I'd heard it somewhere before!

Yeah I saw that when I was searching discogs, thought that might be the one I was looking for.
Anyone know where that sample originates?
I'm sure Dillinja or Lemon D used it in a D&B tune but that'd be a lot more recent

wise

bare BARE BONES
Found it

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

wise

bare BARE BONES
Can anyone id a 2 step track from around 2000 with the same vocal sample as this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dig out your C90's. Radio 1 UKG takeover today, 12 hours of 'garage' shows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/garage/takeover/2010/

It's not as big as the Garage weekend they had in '04 but to cancel ordinary radio 1 shows for a half dead underground scene is good for our sakes. The dreem teem & ras kwame shows are the most authentic looking things on the schedule. Think how decent the roll deep show could have been if it was commissioned 2 years ago, before all this late night shopping on a thursday bollocks.

franz

bear with the foreigner here, i'm hoping for an insanely obvious track id from one of the giants:

i'm wondering about the version of destiny that sounds more or less like the original only the beat's more of a straight 4 to the floor stomper that plays perfectly with the vocal which i think is stretched out a bit?

i know i've heard it dropped a handful of times in the last year in mixes. is it some kind of new house/funky refix? or is it the Junky Luv Dub, which seems to be the only one without a youtube clip up?

continuum

smugpolice
this sounds alright from the youtube promo, has anyone got a copy?

Noodles GROOVECHRONICLES puts together an exclusive 2step mix, real underground classic educational music for the origins of dubstep music.
buy now @ http://dpr.ithinkmusic.com/my-store/detail.php?page=LR&r=12481
Tracklisting
1.GROOVECHRONICLES- MILLENNIUM FUNK
2.LARGE JOINTS-DOWN ON YOU
3.MAD SKILLS-HAPPINESS
4.HACKNEY HARDCORE-TAINTED LOVE
5.GROOVECHRONICLES-1999
6.WOOKIE-DOWN ON ME
7.JACKIN BEATS-HARMONY
8.UNKNOWN-BEEN HERE BEFORE
9.S.GURLEY-ALL NIGHT JAM
10.GROOVECHRONICLE-LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT
11.HEADTOP-THE MATRIX
12.UNKNOWN-TOUCH ME TEASE ME
13.GROOVECHRONICLES-STONECOLD

benw

i saw jamie xx dj at bestival annd he played a great two step tune that had the 'can everyone just stop getting shot' uote from lock stock and then a gunshot before the drop - anyone got an id for tht? cheers

CrowleyHead

i saw jamie xx dj at bestival annd he played a great two step tune that had the 'can everyone just stop getting shot' uote from lock stock and then a gunshot before the drop - anyone got an id for tht? cheers

... Wouldn't be "Bound 4 The Reload" would it? I mean, he used it before in the Fact Magazine mix.

benw

yeahhh course thats what it is. derrrr. love the use of those gunshots in his f ct mix. cheeers