Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's kind of true cos you can't always be watching the 10/10s, the 9/8/7s are a bit too demanding or frustrating cos they fall short and then you've got the 6/10s which aren't quite crap but you can safely watch

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
A 6/10 won't be pretentious, for example

Because a pretentious film will either soar because it's good, soar because it's bad or be a big pile of shit

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I watched Hellboy the other night and I knew within ten minutes it was a waste of time and I loathed it, but I had to see it out for some reason

I was in the pit

Most of the time I just can't be bothered to watch ANY film, and especially a really good one

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is Blade a 6 out of 10? Cos I really enjoyed it even though I knew it was essentially trash

I'd have rated it higher than 6 out of 10 but now I'm a member of your cult I'm thinking that's an insult to it and to me

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Shamefully I still haven't watched it but it's a priority for me
Sartorially and stylistically it's either a shameless rip off of the Matrix or happened to tap the same leather trenchcoat big beat zeitgeist

Blade 2 is by the same director as hellboy but it's much better

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Interesting...

Maybe there was a larger phenomenon preceding those films, cyberpunk? When did Hackers come out?

A certain strain of 90s tastelessness that you now see resurrected in the spasticated form of annoying DJs playing gabba

IdleRich

IdleRich
What was the verdict on the new Scorsese on here? Personally I thought it was fantastic
I really wanted to go but all my so-called friends went together when I was in Barcelona and so now I can't really go in the cinema and if I just watch it online or whatever it will seem like an admission of defeat according to the byzantine rules of whatever arcane game I think we're playing.