"STRANGER THAN PARADISE", this Sunday 05 Feb at the South London Pacific Bar

flashos

"STRANGER THAN PARADISE", this Sunday 05 Feb at the South London Pacific Bar

Hello everyone at Dissensus!

I am here to let you know of our special monthly event:

"STRANGER THAN PARADISE" at the South London Pacific Bar, London SE1.

Now we have been running this event for 18 months or so and well we are very proud of it!...there isn't a night quite like it, anywhere, trust me!

Our host is the notorious Amanda Rodgers (Miss Manray) and well if you don't know her by now, then where have you been?

She has a knack of spotting truly original bands, getting them to travel over from far away places such as New York, Switzerland, France...to perform for us every month. She's into stuff by Tom Waits, John Lurie but also 60's psychedelic Garage, Gypsy Punk and fairytale dramatics...so you can imagine...

That's not all, we have plenty of cameo performances by fantastic beatnik poets, striptease dancers on abstract music and sumptious bellydancers...

And last but not least, the event boasts a truly "Stranger than paradise" soundtrack provided every month by the fantastic trio of Djs that are PENNY METAL (playing totally upfront Eastern European mad tunes), FORTY THIEVES (Balkan Gypsy Brass bands galore) and last but not least moi! SACHA (playing Bollywood and Belly dance madness and anything that I fancy to get your booties shaking)...

So there you have it. All for a £5, now that's a bargain if I ever saw one!

This Sunday, we have the fabulous LA XULA (A.M.A) performing their blend of flamenco abstract Arabic Indian Yiddish folk and rocky guitars...but also cameo performances by: TIAMANTRA, LITTLE LEPIDOPTERA, JESSIE PIE, MISS ROSIE COOPER, SIMON FULFARD....

So....don't miss this!

SOUTH LONDON PACIFIC BAR
340 KENNINGTON ROAD SE11

7PM – 1AM SHOWTIME 9PM!
ENTRY £5

www.southlondonpacific.co.uk
www.strangerthanparadise.net