Dead boys do - an Electronic Audio Zine

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
Dead boys do is an electronic music audio-zine aiming to fill the gap for a central source where experimental electronic music can be heard. The zine will will revolve around a 15 - 20 minute mix, directly downloadable or as a podcast, done by yours truly, aiming to mainly feature unsigned, unreleased music. There will also be a discussion of each track included on this blog, with some details of the artist, why I chose it and if appropriate a way you can obtain the track. For now the best way to get me your music is to send a link or a <i>single</i> track to DJMASTERCOPY@gmail.com. Depending on the amount I recieve, I'll strive to get in touch with everyone who provides me with music. Keep in mind, one or two polished, excellent tracks is far more usefull to me than a folder of 15 semi-finished tracks.

I also aim to have guest "hosts" and maybe several genre specific shows a week down the line.

Stay tuned. RSS feed and first mix coming soon (late feb early march).

GET SENDING! - DJMASTERCOPY@gmail.com

http://deadboysdo.blogspot.com

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Will check it out as soon as you've got a proper feed.

Are you sure there is a "gap" though? There seems to be plenty of bloggers/podcasters tracking electronic/experimental stuff (but you might go into unchartered territories (terrortories?)) - some of the better ones being places like marvinsuicide.org (lately catering for a wider spectre though), disquiet.com and milieu.alexyoung.org. My initial thought going podcasting was to do electronic stuff only, but since there were a few already I decided against it (and instead play allsorts, although I have done one small pure electronic set with D Derbyshire, Biosphere, Lomov etc).

Anyway - good luck and let us know when you have sorted out the RSS feed.

Last edited:
D

droid

Ness Rowlah said:
Will check it out as soon as you've got a proper feed.

Are you sure there is a "gap" though? There seems to be plenty of bloggers/podcasters tracking electronic/experimental stuff (but you might go into unchartered territories (terrortories?)) - some of the better ones being places like marvinsuicide.org (lately catering for a wider spectre though), disquiet.com and milieu.alexyoung.org. My initial thought going podcasting was to do electronic stuff only (I've done pure electronic one ), but since there were a few already I decided against it.

DLng that now - and thanks fo the links. Do any of these cats do any actual mixing?

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
That I know of, there's not a regular mix of unreleased breakcore/grimey/grimmy/jungley/weird IDM-derrived stuff.

Aiming to do something along the lines of Advanced D&D but in a mixed context w/ one eye fixed firmly on the dancefloor :)

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
minikomi said:
That I know of, there's not a regular mix of unreleased breakcore/grimey/grimmy/jungley/weird IDM-derrived stuff.

Aiming to do something along the lines of Advanced D&D but in a mixed context w/ one eye fixed firmly on the dancefloor :)

Now that would cover a gap - specially if you did include free&legal MP3s in da mix (in which case I would be happy to "steal" some).